Last Saturday we took Lincoln to Evolve MMA for a trial class. I & my wife thought that it would build his self confidence and release some of those excess energy so that he can focus better when he studies too.
He attended a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (BJJ) and a Muay Thai class back-to-back.
![]() |
| Linc in his BJJ getup |
Looking at that BJJ uniform really reminds me of Karate uniform which I used to don a long, long time ago...... I'm quite ancient.....
The BJJ class was more like a playing session where the students roll around, chase after one another, playing catch and such. Although he enjoyed both classes, we could see that he likes the Muay Thai more.
![]() |
| Learning the stance |
![]() |
| And move along with the stance |
Unfortunately the cost is way too expensive for 4 sessions a month. And judging from the way the other kids were playing around I think they lack discipline in the Dojo - but that's just my personal opinion as perhaps there are parents who want their children to have fun at the same time when they attend these classes. My view of martial arts is that there should be some degree of discipline in order to ensure that the knowledge is not mis-used.
I used to study Karate, Shotokan sytle and stopped at brown belt; so I prefer that Lincoln takes up Shotokan Karate too and preferably end up a black belt one day. One look at me now, I guess you can't tell I used to know Karate (haha!).
In any case, I've found a Shotokan Karate Dojo at a much more reasonable pricing in Lavender. Just the training time at Friday/Saturday nights which are slightly inconvenient. But I'll pay them a visit to learn more and hopefully enroll him. In fact I just might join him later for practice so I don't waste my time waiting for him when he practices.
Here's a closing shot for this short entry.
![]() |
| Linc practicing elbowing |
~ Photos taken with LG G5 ~




No comments:
Post a Comment