Wednesday, October 29, 2025

Odd October

A month has passed and I have somehow patched things up with my wife over what she did.  We went out as usual going about our routines and all.  But deep down I still find it very difficult to trust her again.  A part of me still questions, how far would she have gone with the other guy had I not caught on to what they were doing.  And most of all I don't understand why she would even give this guy a chance to talk to her so intimately even after knowing he likes her.  I mean, if she had respected our relationship, she shouldn't even allow someone with such intentions to get close to her.  I always believe that when you play with fire, you'll eventually get burned too.  At times I feel like I have failed at both my marriage and work lives, I really don't know what have I done wrong.  I love this woman with all my heart and still, I can't believe how she could have constantly given a chance to a man who likes her to get so close to her.  I feel so tired both physically and mentally, it's as if I need a factory reset.    

Dinner in Batam - Galaxy S23+

Work sucks as usual.  Just this Monday I completed churning 13.8 million records requested by another team.  What made it feel like rubbing salt on wound was the data was passed to the team I had interviewed for.  I really hate how these people needed my skills but won't get me out of my current hopeless team.  

Waiting For The Missus to Pick Me Up - Galaxy S23+

My Desk Nowadays - Galaxy S23+

Going to office really feels like a chore I want to avoid.  As a consolation, I changed seat to one with an ocean view.  That's the closest I'll ever get to having my own room in the office. 

A Desk With an Ocean View - Galaxy S23+

I have been baking too, pandan chiffon and earl grey marmalade chiffon cakes.  Just trying to get my baking hands back on track.  

Pandan Chiffon Rising - Galaxy S23+

The End Result - Galaxy S23+

Earl Grey Marmalade Chiffon - Galaxy S23+

I also made tiramisu for Lindsay twice just to indulge her and to hone my skills in making the dessert.

One Tiramisu to Set in The Fridge - Galaxy S23+

Over in Batam the missus and I checked out what possibly is the most expensive restaurant in Harbour Bay called Garden Bay.  The dishes are expensive but they really have good quality in terms of ingredients, preparation and cooking.  Even the interior is very lavishly decorated.  I would love to return to Garden Bay for sure.  

Inside Garden Bay Restaurant - Galaxy S23+

My Balinese Mixed Rice - Galaxy S23+

As there was the Deepavali long weekend, we also went to Gardens by The Bay with the kids and tried out a Korean restaurant Itaewon Jjang in Tanjong pagar.  

Saturday Lunch at Itaewon Jjang - Galaxy S23+

Exploring Gardens by The Bay - Galaxy S23+

Missed The Times I Used to Come Here With The Kids - Galaxy S23+

A Hidden Spot With a Nice View - Galaxy S23+

It was a really spent long weekend.

In the office there was a buffet lunch to celebrate Deepavali where I had my fill of fish curry and prata.  

Lovely Spread of Food - Galaxy S23+

This month I also spent some time in Sentosa after sending Lindsay and Lincoln off to USS with Lindsay's friends to celebrate the end of PSLE.  

The New Weav Mall - Galaxy S23+

Actually Lindsay has been busy with her friends this month, right after that outing they went on another one to Suntec City, and this Saturday they will be returning to Sentosa again to visit the Oceanarium.  

Tomorrow night I'll be heading to Batam again to meet the consultant helping to setup the upcoming Kuta Kute restaurant.  It'll be tiring as I'm now nursing a cold.  Unfortunately I can't escape that trip. 

Back From Batam to Singapore - Galaxy S23+

In any case October is ending in 2 days' time.  I now look forward to my 2 weeks Japan holiday at the end of November.  That's the only thing that's been keeping me going now.

A Sweet Escape at Creamier Tiong Bahru - Galaxy S23+

Here's a closing shot for this month's entry: 

Beautiful Harvest Moon Lighting Up The Sky - Galaxy S23+

~ Photos Taken With Samsung Galaxy S23+ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment