February's ending with my 17th wedding anniversary. Yeah, it's been that long... But this month, this year, has been very eventful. I'm starting to think that I could be a regular visitor to the A&E. This month the staff at Raffles Hospital really got to know me very well.
![]() |
| What a Painful February - Galaxy S23+ |
On the first week of February, I experienced back pain accompanied with diaphragm cramps while on the way to the office. At first I just bear with it, but the panic attack set in and I was trembling while on my way to work. I managed to get it under control by sitting at a bench under my office, before finally going up. The following week, the pain came again and I finally decided to go to Raffles Hospital A&E early in the morning. On arrival they took an ECG reading, did a blood test, asked me to do x-ray, ultrasound scan and an MRI scan. It was the full suite of treatment. I was supposed to see the cardiologist again on the coming Saturday, but on Friday night I suddenly had another episode. This time it was worse, I was breathless and dizzy till I told my wife to just take me to A&E. Along the way I supposedly had another panic attack. It was an extremely long and painful drive from Vivocity to Raffles Hospital for sure.
When I arrived at A&E, they asked me to go to a room where they took my ECG reading and blood test again. The A&E doctor sent me to the ICU for monitoring as he noticed I was supposed to see my cardiologist on the following day. Seems like the appointment just couldn't wait. My cardiologist came somewhere near midnight and explained that my ultrasound and MRI results actually didn't show any heart issus, other than a sign of calcium build up in one of the arteries, but that doesn't require any intervention yet. So he prescribed me some gastric pain medicines and a painkiller. It was a sleepless night as I hated the ICU room. There were no windows and I could only distract myself by looking at the TV till I finally fell asleep at around 5 a.m., only to be woken up at 7 a.m.
![]() |
| Terrible Sleepless Night - Galaxy S23+ |
The cardiologist came again in the morning, allowing me to be discharged. He recommended me to see a gastroentologist for and endoscopy. I remembered the A&E doctor who saw me when I first went told me to see an orthopaedic specialist too, I thought I had to do that. But at that time I just wanted to go home already. And when I reached home I bathed and went about the usual activities despite only having 2 hours' sleep earlier in the morning. It was really a scare right before Chinese New Year.
![]() |
| Can't Remember The Last Time I Was Violated by So Many Needles - Galaxy S23+ |
On one hand I'm relieved that it's not a heart or lung problem, but I have yet to find out the cause of my pain.
In any case, reunion dinner came just 2 days later. We gathered in Crystal Jade Palace Takashimaya for a sumptuous dinner where my uncle joined too.
![]() |
| Our Reunion Dinner - The Missus' iPhone 13 Pro |
On the following morning which is the Chinese New Year day itself we went about our usual 拜年 visits, starting with my parents in the morning.
![]() |
| The Full Team - The Missus' iPhone 13 Pro |
After lunch in Crystal Jade Vivocity in the afternoon, we visited my wife's uncle and aunt all the way in Simei. It was a packed day for sure.
On the following day which was a Wednesday, the missus and I left for Batam to see the hotel and the restaurant while accompanying our friends who were visiting Batam as well.
This time we went to Kuta Kute Nagoya, the newly opened place that sadly is still very quiet. We had quite a feast there, to make sure that our guests are properly welcomed.
![]() |
| Welcome to Kuta Kute Nagoya - Galaxy S23+ |
![]() |
| Very Cozy and Inviting Interior - Galaxy S23+ |
I'm quite stressed out too looking at Kuta Kute Nagoya, because the business has to earn 250 million rupiah per month to break even. But the daily income is less than a million rupiah and we're still lacking therapists for the massage business. Kuta Kute Nagoya really needs a major intervention to make it succeed.
![]() |
| Nasi Goreng Betutu - Galaxy S23+ |
![]() |
| Martabak Telur, Tahu Cabe Garam, Kopi Susu Aren - Galaxy S23+ |
We then returned to Singapore on Friday afternoon as it was Lindsay's birthday. We still had to get a cake on our way home. Lindsay's birthday was a straightforward celebration dinner at Peperoni Suntec City.
![]() |
| How I Miss Her When She Was Just a Chubby Little Girl - Galaxy S23+ |
We then returned home to sing her birthday song and enjoy her delicious chocolate cake from Four Leaves.
| And You're 13 Now - Fujifilm X-E5 + XF14mm F2.8R |
Work has been painful as usual. I basically stayed away from the other team members as I don't feel like I click with them. A new team member who's actually the youngest has also been asked to "support me". I feel that she does a much better job than me at all things that I do... I can't help but feel irrelevant in this team. I have to wait until somewhere around mid-March to start searching for new opportunities again, but given the current economic condition, I'm not sure where can I go to. My appraisal is not looking good either, I really dislike my reporting manager, so much that I decided not to join her CNY Lunch invitation. I really need help at work....
![]() |
| Street Mural in Tiong Bahru Market - Galaxy S23+ |
Today I took a day off to get my health sorted out. At the company doctor's recommendation, I went for an abdominal ultrasound scan in the morning followed by a chiropractor session in the afternoon. After the ultrasound session, the missus and I went to Tiong Bahru market for a light breakfast, followed by a quick stop at Pralet.
![]() |
| 1st Breakfast Stop - Galaxy S23+ |
We had a very good pork sandwich in Pralet which made me want to return for sure.
![]() |
| 2nd Breakfast Stop - Galaxy S23+ |
I also finally tried Luckin coffee this afternoon after seeing that their price is slightly lower than Starbucks. I had a coconut latte. Not too crazy about it, but it's not a bad Starbucks alternative, considering the price. To be frank, the best coffee I've ever tasted is always made by me as I only brew 100% single origin Arabica.
February has been really painful.... Gosh how I wish I'll win the Toto tonight.... I just want to be free of all these pain, body and mind.
![]() |
| Beautiful Sunset Along Alexandra Road - Galaxy S23+ |
As I celebrate my wedding anniversary tomorrow with the missus, I really want to leave this ugly month behind and hope for a much kinder March. Here's a closing shot for this month's painful entry:
![]() |
| 🐎年大吉,顺顺利利,心想事成,🐉🐎精神,马上发财 - The Missus' iPhone 13 Pro |
~ Photos Taken With Samsung Galaxy S23+, The Missus' iPhone 13 Pro, Fujifilm X-E5 + XF14mm F2.8~



.jpg)
.jpg)










No comments:
Post a Comment