Sunday, April 12, 2015

5D Mark II Snapshots

How should I start hmmmm.......  Oh yes, let's start with this photo!   

Chinatown Skyline From Duxton Hill Rooftop Garden
This photo was taken back in August 2010.  By that time I had gotten myself the EF 16-35mm F2.8 L II.  That lens is amazing: extremely minimum distortion, super wide, sharp wide open and definitely a better value lens compared to Nikkor AF-S 14-24mm F/2.8.  This is much better than the Tokina AT-X 11-16mm I used to have.

Here are some more photos I took with this amazing camera: 
Clockwise From Top Left: Singapore Chinatown During Chinese New Year, Bintan Agro Beach Resort & Marina Mandarin
Chinatown was such a bustling place during Chinese New Year. Everyone's peddling Chinese New Year goodies and the place is so crowded, it's really hard to move around.  And there you can see I took another photo of Bintan Agro Beach Resort, this time with high ISO and the result is a lot better than my previous photos.  The bottom left photo would be the inside of Marina Mandarin hotel.
Clockwise From Top Left: Year of the Tiger Dolls, in various colours, Marina Bay Sands Helix Bridge & Vivocity
More Chinese New Year goodies - year of the tiger so they were selling lots of tiger dolls.  Then followed by the photo of Marina Bay Sands and the Helix Bridge, again old photo as you can see the construction crane there working on the Asian Civilization Museum.  And finally a photo of Vivocity.
Clockwise From Top Left: Singapore Museum Ceiling, Function Room in China Club Tanjong Pagar, Duxton Hill Rooftop Park at Sunset
There above you can see the ceiling of the museum which gives an interesting pattern.  The next photo would be the interior of China Club in Tanjong Pagar.  Then the bottom 2 are of the rooftop garden in Duxton Hill, the one and only first posh public housing in Singapore.  Yes, "Public"! 
Clockwise From Top Left: Duxton Hill Rooftop Park Art Installations, View of Tanjong Pagar CBD, PSA Tanjong Pagar
The top 2 photos are the art installations in Duxton Hill rooftop garden.  I'm especially amazed by these photos because somehow they have this water colour effect which took me by surprise when I viewed the photo on my computer.

You can also get an idea how old this photos is, the Marina Cruise Center's building was still in-progress when I took the photo.   I didn't bring my polarizer filter to get rid of the reflection on the mirror, which is such a pity.  But that was a grand view indeed.

Will be posting soon for my photos in Bintan with this amazing camera. 

~ Photos taken with Canon 5D Mark II + EF 24-105mm F4L, EF 16-35mm F2.8L II ~  

No comments:

Post a Comment