Friday, June 2, 2017

It Has Been Quite Sometime...

Since I last posted here.  6 weeks or so...  My schedule had been quite packed and a lot had transpired up to this point.

To start with, I finally sat for my GMAT exam, got quite a good score to get me an interview for admission to NTU's part-time MBA programme which I'm still waiting for the application's outcome right now.

Lincoln and I went for our karate grading, he's now 8th kyu yellow belt while I got another double promotion, 4th kyu blue belt.  He didn't execute his Heian Shodan (平安初段) correctly but still completed the Kata.  The examining Sensei generously granted him a pass to 8th Kyu.



About 5 weeks prior to this grading I and another student attended a separate grading as the Sensei thought that our skills were better than our grade.  But he only granted single promotions, that's how I got to 6th Kyu.

As I continue to remember more complex katas that I had learned before, I can now execute Jion (慈恩), Kanku Dai (観空大), Sochin (壯鎭) & Meikyo (明鏡), though perhaps not as perfect as I used to.  I'm still trying to put the pieces together for Gankaku (岩鶴) but those I can execute will do just fine for now.  Knowing Jion & Kanku Dai is more than enough to get a Shodan (初段).

I also completed a one week business trip to Ho Chi Minh, first time ever to Viet Nam.  What I really hate was that it had to take place over the weekend and I was on my own in Ho Chi Minh doing almost nothing.  Nevertheless, it was an interesting trip which I will write separately when I have the time later.

Prior to the Ho Chi Minh business trip my BIL came with my future SIL and I took some photos for their wedding reception later in August.

And just this week I completed 4 days of meeting with visitors from Japan & China.  Now I have a very bad cold & fever to cap off an extremely busy period.

June will be as packed too if not more..

Packed to the max.....
That is my work schedule for the month of June.  I will be in Ho Chi Minh again for 2 weeks from 11 to 24 June spending the weekend alone again which I really, really hate.  Considering that it is the June holidays, I had to travel for work instead of spending time with the kids...  You see, I had promised Lincoln that I will take him to the Science Centre sometime during the June holiday and due to work commitments, I have to break that promise off.

And for week 26-30 June I might need to travel again, the schedule will be fixed only within the week of 5th June...

Here's a closing shot for this short, summarized entry...

Linc with his new yellow belt
~ Photo & video taken with LG G5~

No comments:

Post a Comment