And here's my first entry for 2019. I had intended it to be my last entry for 2018, but my fingers couldn't dance any faster on the keyboard. So yesteryear (which was just a few minutes ago), I ended the year with the usual visit to Lian Shan Shuang Lin (连山双林) Monastery to pray, expressing gratitude for a smooth sailing 2018 and hoping to a greater 2019. Went with Lincoln too, he's going to start primary 3 on Wednesday, so I prayed that he will have a good start for the academic year as well. We started praying at the 1st temple known as Cheng Huang Miao (城隍庙) before heading to the 2nd temple which is also known as the Mahavihara complex. I like the Mahavihara complex best.
 |
| Rainy Day... - RX100 Mk3 |
It was a very wet afternoon, but inside the monastery, the rain only amplified the tranquil and calming feeling. If only I didn't have anything else to do, I could have just sat down, watch the rain in the beautiful garden... Lian Shan Shuang Lin is possibly the most tranquil and serene expanse in Central Singapore.
 |
| Inner Court of 2nd Temple - RX100 Mk3 |
As soon as the rain abated we walked to other parts of the monastery to complete our prayer rounds. And once we were done, we went to Guan Yin Dian (观音殿). On the way to Guan Yin Dian, this majestic pagoda towers outside the Hall.
 |
| Going to Guan Yin Dian - RX100 Mk3 |
And after about 20 minutes we finished praying altogether and just took a short walk inside the monastery. Such a pity that the cloudy skies resulted in gloomy photos, although the lanterns on the monastery grounds provided some much needed vibrancy.
 |
| Outside Guan Yin Dian - RX100 Mk3 |
On the way out, we walked past the gateways which look majestic as always.
 |
| Gateways Outside Main Entrance to Mahavihara - RX100 Mk3 |
Deviating from the path very slightly, I snapped the details of a nearby small stupa.
 |
| Outside Main Entrance to Mahavihara - RX100 Mk3 |
And finally, it was time to go home.
It is always such a pleasure to visit Lian Shan Shuang Lin. For a while I would forget the flurry and haste of everyday routine activities that burdens the mind and gain my composure, even if just for the moment I was there.
Here's a closing shot for this short entry:
 |
| Hall of Celestial Kings, Before Mahavihara - RX100 Mk3 |
~Photos taken with Sony RX100 Mark 3~
No comments:
Post a Comment