And here we are on Chinese New Year Day. We started the day by wishing my parents a happy new year first. So my siblings and my family gathered in my parents' room to wish them a happy new year.
![]() |
新年快乐, 恭喜发财! - A7RMk2 + Batis 2/25
|
After that my father and I set out for Satya Dharma temple in Muara Karang for the new year prayers while my mom, my siblings, my wife and the kids left for 婆婆's house. The temple was very crowded with worshipers, beggars and street thugs.... Outside the temple was a scene of chaos as the street thugs who were mostly young boys were pestering worshipers for a handout, some even went as far as chasing the unlucky person. Young ladies going alone were easy preys for these vultures. It's not like the temple management did not do anything about them, because if they did, reprisals would come swiftly for sure... So we had no choice but to put up with them.
![]() |
| Worshipers praying for a good start to the year of the pig - Galaxy A8+ |
From the moment my father and I arrived we immediately prepared our stuffs and started praying. As there were too many people inside, It was very smoky.
![]() |
| Inside the Temple - Galaxy A8+ |
Nevertheless, we finished praying in half an hour and left for 婆婆's house. When we arrived at 婆婆's house, everyone had gathered including my aunt, my cousins and their families and some of my father's staffs from Bintan.
![]() |
| And everybody's here - A7RMk2 + Batis 2/25 |
My cousin was serenading 婆婆 to coax her to sing. It was a loving sight. Bless her truly for looking after 婆婆, visiting her almost everyday just to check on her while the rest of us are chasing our dreams elsewhere...
![]() |
| My cousin with 婆婆 - A7RMk2 + Batis 2/25 |
On that visit, my aunt told everyone that 婆婆's mother (or was it grandmother? I'm really forgetful nowadays) was a Dutch so we have a Dutch lineage in our family. I guess by the time the lineage reaches me, it was already very watered down although it still seems to run strongly in the ladies in the family.
![]() |
| A simple family photo - A7RMk2 + Batis 2/25 |
We had a short brunch in 婆婆's house before finally returning to the hotel. I had to take a shower too as I smelled like ash.
After I was done showering and the kids changed, we took them to an indoor playground in PIK Avenue called Lollipop.
![]() |
| Yep, they bolted in after they cleared the gantry - Galaxy A8+ |
Oh, they went ballistic there alright.... Lincoln also tried a mini flying fox there.
And after slightly more than 2 hours, they were finally exhausted and I needed Coffee. So we headed to Toby's Estate on level 1.
![]() |
| Nice ambiance in Toby's Estate PIK - Galaxy A8+ |
I didn't take any photos of the food we had: eggs benny, sticky date pudding and chocolate cake. Overall the food and coffee were good. I guess it's because we just came from Hario Cafe the other day that's why Toby's Estate was just so-so. But they have the best coffee in PIK Avenue Mall. For dinner we went to Ikan Bakar Cianjur all the way in Batu Tulis. As it was very chaotic there (very very crowded), I didn't take any photos when we were there. But anyway, that was how Day 4 ended.
On Day 5, we had breakfast at Bakmie Aloi which is right next to the hotel before finally heading to the airport.
![]() |
| A7RMk2 + Batis 2/25 |
It was very straightforward and we were on board our plane to go back home to Singapore.
![]() |
| On the air bridge going into our Plane - Galaxy A8+ |
![]() |
| A nice side view of a Garuda Indonesia Airplane - Galaxy A8+ |
Here's a closing shot for this entry:
![]() |
| Going to 婆婆's House! - A7RMk2 + Batis 2/25 |
~ Photos taken with Sony A7RMk2 + Batis 2/25 & Samsung Galaxy A8+ ~












No comments:
Post a Comment