Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Homemade Pizza

I've never made pizza from scratch, usually I would buy frozen pizza dough and decorate them nicely.  Last Friday, I took a day off to accompany the kids on the last day of their term break.  I decided to make pizza for lunch using homemade dough.  It's surprisingly easy.  The dough's recipe consists of 5 ingredients only.    

My Pizza Baking in The Oven - Galaxy Note 9

My basic pizza dough for a 32 cm pizza pan:  

- 250 gr all purpose flour 
- 6 gr instant yeast 
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 175 ml lukewarm water 
- olive oil or any normal cooking oil will do 

I poured the warm water into my mixing bowl followed by the yeast and let them rest for about 5-8 minutes after stirring.  Once done, I poured in the all purpose flour and started kneading with the machine until I got a nice smooth dough that sprang back when I poked it.  Then I put that dough ball in an oiled bowl to let it rise.  It took me slightly more than 3 hours for the dough to double in size.   

The Final Dough - Galaxy Note 9
Once I got that nice dough doubled up, I just stretched it on the pan and spread the tomato paste on the dough. 

Spreading Tomato Sauce - Galaxy Note 9
The topping was just mozzarella cheese, some Oregano, cheddar cheese & ham.  I spread the topping half-half so my helper can have a share too (the ham is not Halal).

All Topping Up - Galaxy Note 9
Then it was off into the oven at 250° C for 13 minutes.  

The Cheese Starting to Melt Nicely - Galaxy Note 9
And here's a closing shot for this short entry:

All Nice And Ready 😋 - Galaxy Note 9
~ Photos Taken With Samsung Galaxy Note 9 ~

No comments:

Post a Comment