Saturday, February 27, 2021

Frolic February

I risk sounding like a broken record here, but February is a month of celebrations.  I'm pretty sure I must have said that sometime back.  First, we had the Chinese New Year which came quite late this year on 12th February.  Unlike previous years, we couldn't travel back to Indonesia to celebrate with our families.  So this year it was just a quiet steamboat at home with my sister.  

1st Steamboat Dinner - Galaxy Note 9

Just a few days later we had another steamboat dinner at my home with the lady boss of Little Nyonya Batik and her husband, as well as another bestie of both the lady boss and my wife.  2 steamboat dinners over a span of 3 days.

On the 1st day of New Year, we were looking around for a new place for lunch.  When we passed by Shake Shack in Neil Road, we saw very little people in the queue and decided to give it a try.  It was our first time trying Shake Shack, except for my sister who already had it a few times.  Yeah, my sister was with us too.  I was quite impressed with the nice decor inside Shake Shack. 

Not So Many People - Galaxy Note 9

Cozy Decor - Galaxy Note 9

The burgers were amazing too.  Quiet different from Three Buns, but I still like Three Buns too.  Good to know there's another burger option now.  

Our Burger Lunch - Galaxy Note 9

I also had an episode with the 💣💢👿💀 water closet.  The flush valve was leaking, and everywhere I went, I couldn't get the bloody rubber seal.  A shopkeeper in Tanjong Pagar said I had to replace the whole flushing system.  Since I couldn't get the rubber seal anywhere, I thought it was quite a reasonable suggestion.  Oh boy....  that was hell.  I tried to replace the flushing system in the cistern myself and in the end I couldn't secure the cistern to the water closet because the bottom part was totally concealed.  I asked for a friend's help to recommend a plumber, but the plumber said the only way to do it is to dismantle the whole water closet, secure the cistern back and then install the water closet again.  That was so 👿💢💣💢💩 frustrating.  After thinking over it, I decided to just use a cistern screw to plug the holes connecting to the bottom water closet.  Right now, the water closet is working fine despite the cistern just sitting on top of the bottom part.  But more importantly, the internal flushing system has been changed to Geberit instead of the previously unknown brand.

The Lousy Flushing System - Galaxy Note 9

Well, February is also the month for 拜甜公 on the ninth day.  So...  that's that.  

My Setup This Year - Galaxy Note 9

Lindsay's birthday came not long after.  I decided to give her a surprise and brought her to Kumoya Cafe.  The character in the current cycle is Molang, which happens to be her favourite.  Lincoln was also very delighted.  

Inside Molang Cafe - RX100 Mk3

Lincoln's Salmon Burger - RX100 Mk3

The verdict: Kumoya is a very pretty café with beautiful dishes that will make any children's day.  But taste wise, quite standard and definitely overpriced.  I am a bit disappointed at a drink I ordered when I found out that they were using canned fruit cocktail mixed with plain soda water and syrup, topped the whole thing off with candy floss.  Well, at least we can cross out visiting Kumoya on our to-do list.  

A Handsome Random Cat We Bumped Into - Galaxy Note 9

We also had another cycling episode, but it was extremely unpleasant.  Some of the paths along Robertson Quay were closed due to upgrading which made for difficult navigation.  I had Lindsay on the backseat, so going slow was a precarious balancing act.  Not to mention that when I needed to dismount, it was very inconvenient as I had to lift my leg over the riser bar.  And then somewhere along the Jubilee Bridge, Lincoln had a nosebleed while we cycled and we also got caught in the rain.  I really hated that cycling trip.

Waiting For The Rain to Pass Under Benjamin Sheares Bridge - Galaxy Note 9

I also had another DIY episode, this time I decided to change my PC casing from mid-tower to mini tower.  It was a simple 1 hour activity which I really enjoyed.  

The 8 Year Old Oversized Tower - Galaxy Note 9

And The New Sleeker Mini Casing - Galaxy Note 9

The end result is a smaller PC with equal power rating.  In all I saved 8.6 litres of space.  16 GB of DDR 3 1033 MHz RAM is on their way by Amazon, which after plugging them in will bring the total RAM to 32 GB.  The 8 year old GeForce GT 630 is still powerful enough to handle my A7R3's photos in the equally antediluvian CS5.  I'm also thinking of adding another 1TB of HDD for cold data storage, although I have already prepared a 500GB external HDD.  I'm still thinking, should I just tape the 500GB external HDD to the chassis or still add an internal HDD.  Hmm... decisions, decisions!     

Cloudy February Skies - Galaxy Note 9

Tomorrow we'll be having another celebration, We just came back from me mine & the missus' 12th wedding anniversary in Osia.  We've certainly come a long way.  

Complimentary Cake From Osia - RX100 Mk3

Here's a closing shot for this frolicking entry: 

Bullish CNY Display in Resorts World Sentosa - RX100 Mk3

~ Photos taken with Samsung Galaxy Note 9 & Sony RX100 Mk3 ~

No comments:

Post a Comment