Monday, June 21, 2021

Yuzu Chiffon Cake

So the baking bug bit me again this month.  I decided to try a new flavour and went on to bake a Yuzu flavoured chiffon cake.  Ingredients are quite straightforward for my 23 cm tube pan.  

All Ingredients Laid Out - Galaxy Note 9

Team Yellow:

1. 7 egg yolkks

2. 42g caster sugar

3. 170 gr cake flour

4. 1 teaspon baking powder

5. 1/2 teaspoon salt

6. 1 teaspoon baking powder

7. 80 ml vegetable oil

8. 100 ml yuzu jam + 20 ml of warm water

9. 20 ml of milk 

Team White: 

1. 7 egg whites

2. 70 gr caster sugar

4. 1 teaspoon cream of tartar 

I started by beating the egg yolks and sugar, which once turned pale and fluffy, I added in the oil, mix well and then the yuzu jam.  

Beating Egg Yolks and Sugar - Galaxy Note 9

Once well mixed, I added in all the dry ingredients and mixed again.  The milk is last to come in.  

Team Yellow's End Result - Galaxy Note 9

Then I worked on team white by beating the egg whites.  Once they turned frothy, I started adding in the cream of tartar first, followed by the caster sugar in 3 batches.  Once the egg whites turned stiff and glossy, I stopped beating the egg whites.  

Go Go White Ranger Go - Galaxy Note 9

Next is to mix team white into team yellow.   Once I had a homogenous batter, it was time to pour it into the baking pan.  I then baked the cake in a preheated oven at 170℃ for 55 minutes.  

Now, Let's Wait - Galaxy Note 9

Once the time was up, I took the cake out and inverted the pan while cooling down. 

Waiting For a Yummy Treat

Really love the refreshing taste of this cake.

Yummy! - Galaxy Note 9

~ Photos Taken With Samsung Galaxy Note 9 ~

No comments:

Post a Comment