Today's the last day of December; 2022 will end in about three and a half hours. Work has been crazy busy as usual. I wish I can do less work so that I have more time to think. I've been wanting to explore how to use App Sheets and be able to create my own apps. But I just haven't got the chance to do so just yet, even yesterday night I was still submitting tickets for new user ID creations.
 |
| Work Never Ends - Galaxy Note 9 |
But the good things that have happened so far, I got 30% of the 13th month bonus (which alleviates the pain of returning Klook's sign-on bonus and paying off my notice period). And I also finally got to enjoy a short break to Batam, my first leave in 3 months.
 |
| My First "Overseas" Trip Since Feb 2020 - RX100 Mk3 |
On a more sombre note, Linc finally got posted to New Town Secondary School. At least that gives closure to his horrible PSLE journey. I couldn't help but felt disappointed when I went to the school to collect his text books and uniform. But I guess, there's a lesson for him to learn. As my JC principal Mrs. Belinda Charles once said, "we are where we are for a reason". I hope Lincoln will find his reasons to be there soon.
The highlight of December is surely my Batam Trip. It's my first real holiday since Feb 2020. I really looked forward to it as that was my 1st break too this year. I needed the break badly as work was really overwhelming and made me felt burned out.
 |
| Onboard Horizon Fast Ferry - RX100 Mk3 |
As the rooms in the hotel were all fully booked, we stayed in my father's shophouse in Harbour Bay complex. We arrived at around late afternoon in Batam, had a quick dinner at Grand Batam Mall, followed by a massage trip to Reborn in Batam City Square.
 |
| Our Zippy Ride in Batam - Galaxy Note 9 |
 |
| Satisfied My Pempek Craving At Last - Galaxy Note 9 |
 |
| Waiting For Massage - RX100 Mk3 |
We finished quite late at almost 11 and just slept the moment we returned to my father's shophouse.
On the following day, we woke up at around 9 in the morning. It was a very good almost 9 hour sleep which I haven't had in a very long time.
The first order of the day was to visit the bank as I had to exchange my old ATM card for a new one, so that I can withdraw cash.
 |
| Waiting For My Turn At The Bank - Galaxy Note 9 |
After we settled the card matter, we went for breakfast in one of my favourite noodle haunts: Bakmie Harum. The cook and her husband still remember us, even after all this while.
 |
| First Noodle Meal in Batam - Galaxy Note 9 |
After that, we went to the hotel where I met the new staff and got a briefing of the new operating situation. Of all staff, only 3 original members remain. The other 37 are all new. After talking with them, Linc and I explored Harbour Bay's newly opened seaside area called "The Promenade" while Lindsay and the missus were at a hair salon.
 |
| Exploring The Promenade - Galaxy Note 9 |
 |
| A Passenger Ferry Anchored Near The Promenade - RX100 Mk3 |
The area is really very nice, especially at night when the lightings come alive place accompanied with live music performances.
 |
| The Promenade at Night - Galaxy Note 9 |
After the missus and Lindsay were done, we brought the kids to a cat cafe where they had a good time playing with the cats. These cats were more active than the ones in Bugis.
 |
| He's The Boss Cat - Galaxy Note 9 |
 |
| Kids So Excited - Galaxy Note 9 |
 |
| Lindsay With The Cats - Galaxy Note 9 |
 |
| Linc Too - Galaxy Note 9 |
 |
| Friendly Cat - RX100 Mk3 |
 |
| Moustached Cat - RX100 Mk3 |
 |
| 1st Floor Cafe Area - RX100 Mk3 |
 |
| Cute Murals - RX100 Mk3 |
 |
| Good Cat Friends - RX100 Mk3 |
We went to Grand Batam Mall again for dinner and for the kids to play in the arcade before finally calling it a day.
On the next day we went to a new complex called Nagoya Thamrin City. Oh how I wish that were mine for real. Unfortunately I just share the same surname with the complex.
 |
| New Playground in Nagoya - Galaxy Note 9 |
 |
| Where We Had Our Breakfast - Galaxy Note 9 |
We had a simple breakfast before Lindsay and I dropped by a cafe nearby. The coffee was just average at best although the cafe has nice vibes.
 |
| Waiting For Our Iced Mocha - Galaxy Note 9 |
 |
| Just Lindsay - RX100 Mk3 |
 |
| Pretty Looking Cafe - RX100 Mk3 |
We spent the afternoon just exploring around and finally returned to Grand Batam again, this time for pancakes as requested by Lindsay.
 |
| Waiting For Pancakes - RX100 Mk3 |
The following day, we returned to Singapore. And the return trip was not without any drama itself. Our ferry was delayed by a good 75 minutes. We were supposed to arrive in Singapore at 8:30 p.m. but ended up arriving at 10:15 p.m.
On the next day, I was still on leave, but that day was used to settle the kids' school matters. On Wednesday, I was back at work in an almost empty office.
 |
| 2nd Last Day of Work - Galaxy Note 9 |
Anyway, 2022 is coming to an end. I really hope 2023 will be a much kinder year to me.
Here's a closing shot for this entry:
 |
| Just Batam Harbour Hotel - RX100 Mk3 |
~ Photos Taken With Samsung Galaxy Note 9 & Sony RX100 Mk3 ~
No comments:
Post a Comment