Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Fateful February

Goodbye February...  Although February is usually a month supposed to be full of celebrations such as Valentine's, Lindsay' birthday & my wedding anniversary, I am saddened to learn of my cousin's passing.  She had contracted cancer back in 2021 and went for treatments in Hong Kong & Guangzhou, even got her hand amputated from the shoulder.  And yet despite all that she still succumbed to it.  My heart is really broken..  my sister and I used to play together with her and her sisters when we were kids in Jakarta.  She also lived in my parents' house in Surabaya when she was still studying in Petra.  Of all my cousins, she and her sisters are the ones my siblings and I are closest with.  She leaves behind her husband and two young sons, one of whom is about the same age as Lincoln.  

Farewell Se Se...

I don't know what is the meaning of her untimely and painful departure, she was rudely snatched away, leaving behind so many people who love and cherished her.  All I know is that this is unfair.  She has so much more to accomplish yet in this lifetime.  Her husband and sons must really feel their loss, I don't even have the courage to imagine what they must be feeling now.  If there's any consolation, then at least she no longer has endure the prolonged pain, but it is a price that's just too high to pay.  

Jet & Jordan, be strong

Work has been very tough - it's a mad rush always.  This sprint, I'm handling 20 stories in total while my team mate is handling 17.  But as he's taking the lead in BAU, he still checks my stories from time-to-time as I'm also doing other functions such as user management, ad-hoc reports, data quality management and much more.  As of the time I'm writing this entry, my team mate and I are overseeing a UAT comprising of about 98 testers and we still have to deal with a moody test environment that sometimes refuses to behave appropriately. 

This month we also had the Lunar New Year celebration in office where we had a sumptuous lunch, lively lo hei and energetic lion dance.  

CNY Lunch Spread - Galaxy Note 9

Lo Hei Time - Galaxy Note 9

This is GCSM - Colleague's Phone Camera

Lincoln finally went for his grading and got his 3rd kyu brown belt.  It took him a while but he's finally here.  

Finally Got Your Brown Belt - Galaxy Note 9

Sometimes I forget how quickly he grows up, it only seemed like yesterday when I held him in one hand, and now he's almost as tall as I am.  

Very Particular With His Haircut Now - Galaxy Note 9

And of course, there's Lindsay's birthday when she finally reached a milestone in her growth by turning 10 this year.

Ice Cream Cake This Year - Galaxy Note 9

Family Photo - The Missus' iPhone 13

This month we explored mostly Tanjong Pagar on weekends.  I have more time for myself now that my mom has finally returned to Surabaya.  It's not that I don't like her being in Singapore, it's just that work has been overwhelming at times and I can really use some time alone or at least with my wife, instead of having to attend to my mom - she can be overbearing at times and that's the last thing I need. 

Anyway, this month we explored Amuse Dessert Co for some unique gelato in a cute pastel soft decorated cafe.  

Inside Amuse Dessert Co - Galaxy Note 9

Parfait Bowl, Flavour Selection is Key Here - Galaxy Note 9

We also went to Providore in OUE - I think I won't go there for quite some time again.  I was rudely shocked when the bill for 2 came to almost $94.  My wife and I only had a grilled ham & cheese sandwich, English breakfast and 2 cups of coffee.  Although I could taste the freshness and quality of the ingredients, I think Providore is grossly overpriced.  

Providore Ham & Cheese Toastie - Galaxy Note 9

After our last outing to Providore, we decided to try Torasho Ramen at the missus' behest.  The gyoza was amazingly good although the ramen was a miss for me.  My favourite ramen joints still remain Marutama (OUE), Bari Uma and Tampopo.  

Mapo Ramen From Torasho - Galaxy Note 9

And since I have time for weekend walks too now, it's back to Clarke Quay and Boat Quay again. 

Sunny Boat Quay in Late Afternoon - Galaxy Note 9

Colourful Clarke Quay Under The Late Afternoon Sun - Galaxy Note 9

I really spent some time reflecting this month.  My cousin's untimely departure and her battle with cancer..  my sister and her boyfriend - they're an ugrateful and opportunistic bunch..  Klook... 💩💢💣💥 revelations at work...  and how I miss the people back in "K" Line whenever I pass by Tanjong Pagar.  Life has certainly become more complicated now.  

Charming Tanjong Pagar - Galaxy Note 9

I will be celebrating my 14th wedding anniversary in 2 days time.  Gotta make some reservations now..

Here's a closing shot for February 2023: 

Warm Sunset to Start Work With - Galaxy Note 9

~ Photos taken with Samsung Galaxy Note 9 & my brother & my wife's camera ~

No comments:

Post a Comment