[UPDATE: Spathe has since been closed]
I don't usually do "reviews" of places I ate in since I don't consider myself some fancy foodie. Delicious food is just plain delicious food, and great food should be shared. As I haven't made good on my intention to go to Orchard road this week, I still don't have anything to write on the Christmas lighting. BTW, there's fire again in Lucky Plaza this time and rat infestation in Orchard Central - Orchard road is extremely jinxed this year.
Since "Tri juga suka makan" (Tri also likes to eat), I think I will make a slightly different entry this time. :)
![]() |
| Inside Spathe |
So on early Saturday afternoon, my wife and I visited this great restaurant at Mohammad Sultan road called Spathe Public House. I've seen interesting pictures of their food on Instagram and had been interested to try out new places for weekend brunch so I decided to give this place a try. I thought I'd write about it since this place is by far the best brunch spot we've ever come across.
![]() |
| Entrance to Spathe |
Looking at the menu, I was really tired of the usual English breakfast and their various reincarnations. The waitress had recommended a waffle and fried chicken in cheese sauce, but I was not adventurous enough to try something like that yet; I am more inclined towards the thought that waffles are not supposed to be savoury, they are supposed to be eaten with ice cream, chocolate sauce and other sweet stuffs. Hence, I settled on a more traditional fare - BBQ pulled pork sandwich and hash browns.
![]() |
| BBQ pulled pork sandwich and hasbrowns |
My wife had the fanciest grilled cheese we ever had; it really is more like a freshly baked pastry with a bed of smooth mashed potatoes and vinegar sauce.
![]() |
| Classy Grilled Cheese |
We also had a cool glass of iced chocolate and freshly squeezed lemonade.
![]() |
| Freshly squeezed lemonade and Iced chocolate |
That is the most honest lemonade I ever had, extremely sour with no sugar added, but I found that it goes well with the rich taste of the food.
Surely we must have desert, so we settled on a French toast and ice cream dish that's really good.
![]() |
| Brioche French Toast with Banana Paste, Chantilly Cream and Ice Cream (I forgot the flavour) |
I wish I had bigger stomach just so I could have that French toast all for myself!! But of course, I still have to share it with my wife. :p
I think we will surely be back to Spathe in the near future to try more of their great food.
Here's a closing shot for this entry.
![]() |
| That's a cheeky signboard |
~ Photos taken with LG G3 ~







No comments:
Post a Comment