Thursday, December 3, 2015

Fairy Tale Display at Gardens by The Bay

Okay, another Gardens by The Bay entry, it almost seems like there's nowhere else to go here in Singapore.  In fact I'm planning another visit there sometime this month for the Christmas display.  Hahaha...

Overview of the Display Centerpiece

Anyway this time the entry is about a fairy tale display that took place back in July.  Back then inside the flower dome they had fabulous flower displays based on fairy tales.  So I thought it was a good opportunity to bring the kids for their first visit into the flower dome. For this visit I brought my X-T1 and the XF 16mm F1.4R WR.  As usual, very little editing required on the lighting as the white balance and exposure were spot on in most of my photos.

Below are some photos I took of the interesting and fanciful displays.








After looking at  the display in flower dome we moved to another dome called the Cloud Forest dome which does not have any of these decorations.  Rather the place is an artificial rain forest.

I didn't take many photos at this place but here are some to give a feel of this dome.



The Cloud Forest dome feels more like an educational effort on the importance of preserving the tropical forest of the world.  The visitors will be educated about the impact of disappearing forest on the environment.  Very important message here...   

And finally here's a closing shot of Lindsay for this entry.


~ Photos taken with Fujifilm X-T1 + XF16mm F1.4RWR ~

No comments:

Post a Comment