Wednesday, January 27, 2016

A Present For Myself

Last month, my company was very generous to still hand out bonus even when the industry is not doing so well.  I got gifts for my children and wife, treated my family to a new year dinner.  I thought I'd get something nice for myself too and ended up getting this Seiko Baby Tuna SRP655K1.  It's a handsome diver watch.  You can check the specs from here: http://www.seiko-prospex.com/sea/srp655k1

Front shot of the dial
Profile shot from the side
My brother got the same exact model too.  While I like the rubber strap, it's a bit too long for my wrist and quite a dust magnet.  So I switched the strap to a leather rubber hybrid from Hirsch.  It looks more dressy than sporty now.

Front dial with custom strap from Hirsch AG
I've always liked Seiko for sentimental reasons.  Its the first real analog watch that I bought with my pocket money back in university days.  Then when I graduated and got my first job, I bought another Seiko, an Arctura kinetic.

When it comes to mass produced mechanical accuracy and finesse, no one do it better than the Germans and Japanese.  And at the price I got the watch at, it really gives the Swiss counterparts a run for their money.

Will be sporting this handsome Tuna quite often nowadays.

~ Photos taken with Sony RX100 Mk 3 ~

No comments:

Post a Comment