It's been almost a month into 2016 and this is the first entry in my blog this year. I've been rather busy with lots of activities and rarely have time for photography now. Both Chinatown and Gardens by The Bay have been beautifully decorated but I still can't find a good time to get some photos of the lanterns in either places.
To start off, I finally moved Lincoln to a new childcare starting 1st Feb, so I and my wife spent quite a fair bit of time on his registration, withdrawal from current childcare, orientation, etc. The childcare he's in right now costs arms and legs for the monthly fee, so the new child care gives quite a breather to my finances. Aside from that, we registered him for English reading and Mandarin classes. Weekends are pretty much dedicated to sending him to and fro his classes. And on weeknights we will do revisions with him on his reading, Mandarin and maths. This is a crucial year after all as he will be in Primary 1 next year.
My wife has been concerned about Lindsay being left out, so she signed her up for ballet class which Lindsay seems to take into enthusiastically. That is certainly a relief as we think it will give her the opportunity to develop her social skills.
As for myself I'm still dieting. For some reasons my weight loss has stagnated after a 12 kg loss. I can't seem to shed more kilos. I suppose my body has reached its plateau and I have to shake things up, whether my food or exercise habit; so I decided to change my exercise habit. I now wake up at 5:30 in the morning, start the day with a 50 minute static bike cycle to burn off at least 600 calories. Then after work I'll continue with another 30-35 minutes of the same to burn 400 calories, summing up to 1000 calories from aerobic exercise alone. Then I add about 15-20 minutes of weight lifting exercises to keep the metabolic rate high even after the workout. Hopefully I'll get to see some result next month. Another reason I move the bulk of my workout to the morning is so that I can have time to help Lincoln with his school work.
Work has been tough too... There were some crucial modules released before new year so it's now time to perform extensive and thorough testing. To top it off, I've been involuntarily involved as a consultant in another country's project due to my earlier involvement in their e-commerce project. Not that I'm complaining, I just wish the timing could have been better.
Anyway, here's to wishing that things will go smoothly in 2016.
![]() |
| Year 2016 Forecast for Rooster People |
~ Photos taken with LG G3 ~

No comments:
Post a Comment