Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Finally Registered Lincoln For Primary 1

Last month was the time we had to register Lincoln for a place in Primary 1.  I had wanted to try my luck registering him in a good (or rather, "famous") school, the choices being Radin Mas primary school or Alexandra primary school.  I thought that being born in a tiger year which is not a very popular year, he might have a good chance to get into either of these famous schools.  (I don't know why I kept on typing "famouse", I guess reading Geronimo Stilton books with Lincoln really got into me!!)

When the phase for his registration was about to start, I was very hopeful because there were quite a number of vacancies left in each school, between 16% to 20% of the total available vacancy.  However, by day 2 any hopes to get into either of those school were completely dashed.  They were oversubscribed.
So we settled for our back-up plan which is the school next door - it's literally just a stone's throw away - Zhangde primary school.  Not that the school is not good, but I thought that going to a somewhat more famous school will really extract the best out of him.  As parents, I just can't help but want the best for my children....

But in the end we have to settle for a simpler choice.  There's a Chinese saying that goes "better to be a rooster's beak than a cow's butt".  I hope he will make his mark in this school and be outstanding.

So.......  We'll be ready for orientation on 11th November.  I'm quite excited and really looking forward to it.  This will be a new phase in his life and I hope he will enjoy school.

Here's a closing photo for this entry:  

Lincoln's Acceptance Letter - some details "censored" for privacy reasons!
~ Photo taken with LG G5 ~  

No comments:

Post a Comment