Sunday, August 21, 2016

Another Quiet Week

This week has been rather uneventful as Lindsay and I are both sick.  I still haven't recovered from my 1 week old flu while Lindsay must have gotten the flu from me; she'd been having fever for the last 2 days and still going on now.

On Saturday I decided to take the kids to Marina Bay Sands for a stroll.  My wife suggested that we should have lunch at the DC Superheroes Cafe - a DC Universe thematic restaurant in Marina Bay Sands Shoppe.  It was an interesting restaurant serving western food with DC super heroes' attributes.  The restaurant has a strong American feel (which I mean by decorations and food served).  It was an opportunity to try out new things in a new ambiance.

I had a Superman themed "Smallville Burger Set" which is not bad actually.  The nachos' dip was tasty and the burger itself was not bad.  The patty was juicy albeit tasting a bit strange since it was chicken - I reckon they should have just served a crispy fried chicken rather than mince it - but overall quite delicious.

That's my lunch!  Couldn't finish the nachos so asked for the kids' help to finish them

My wife had a salad and the kids shared a kiddie meal between the two of them and two large glasses of OJ and Oreo milkshake.

Overall the food was good, but falls a bit short of fantastic.

After lunch we took a stroll near the Museum.  The kids really enjoyed looking at the lotus ponds as they tried to spot some fish.  I also went around to snap some photos of the sunny and watery scenery.

Another project is down the line: turning my old router into an AP.  I got a new Asus router as my main router for the house and I plan to use my old router as an AP.  I have a working AP, but my router's overall speed is 45% faster than the AP with better reach (6 antenna vs. 2 antenna).  Will be writing about that once I completed the setup.

Here's a closing photo for this short entry:

Lotus Pond Overlooking Marina Bay Outside Asian Civilization Museum
~ Photos taken with LG G5 ~

No comments:

Post a Comment