Last weekend I & my wife had a staycation in Intercontinental Hotel Bugis. It was some sort of a replacement for a holiday for me. Had it not been for the rain I would have explored further to Kampong Glam area. But seeing how much time we spent in Bugis alone I guess it makes sense to explore Kampong Glam another time.
Check-in was speedy and convenient, everything was as expected. The room was marvelous, to say the least.
![]() |
| Deluxe Room in Intercontinental Singapore - Bugis |
For dinner we went over to The Halia at Raffles Hotel. The last time I had dinner here it was called Seah Street Deli, which has since closed down and taken over by the Halia.
The interior is very nicely decorated with a touch of Colonial British design which is inherent from Raffles Hotel itself. Some hipster decoration thrown in by the staffs makes for a quirky combination with pleasant results.
![]() |
| Menu snapshot at the entrance |
![]() |
| Inside The Halia |
Food is amazing, a pity we can't sample more of what they have to offer.
![]() |
| Left: Chili Crab Dip & Crackers, Top Right: Sticky Toffee Pudding, Bottom Right: Pan Seared Seabass & Okonomiyaki |
The sticky toffee pudding is one of the best desserts I've ever tasted. My wife had Chili Crab spaghettini which I did not take the photo of, but that thing deserves another call the next time we're at The Halia!
After dinner we took a slow stroll back to the hotel as it was starting to rain. Along the way I took a snapshot of Bras Basah complex which I used to frequent when I was still a teenager. This was a favourite hangout to get some good reads, and it still is now.
![]() |
| Bras Basah Complex |
Overall it was a very pleasant stay. Perhaps next time we'll be back with the kids.
Here's a closing shot for this short entry.
![]() |
| Bugis+ from my room |
~ Photos taken with Fujifilm X-T2 + XF 14mm F2.8R ~






No comments:
Post a Comment