Tuesday, August 26, 2025

Awful August

A lot of things transpired in August.....   My colleague who's transferring out of the department finally got the conclusion he's been searching for, his last day with my friggin' team will be on 30th September and he'll move to his next team from 1st October onwards.  I'm happy for him, but that also means I'll be left alone to fend for my own.  So I'm taking his departure really hard...  

What Kind of Ass Is That - Galaxy S23+

I've been frankly unwilling to move out of ONE, but staying in the same team is killing me too.  External job search has been fruitless so far and no more new opportunities present themselves in the internal job portal.  The eCom roles I previously considered may not be the answer I'm looking for either as I learned from a leaving colleague that he's leaving for the exact same reason I wish to leave, that being no opportunity for career progression.  What surprised me was another colleague from the eCom team had interviewed outside as well as he also feels that there's not much opportunity for him.  After hearing all these I decided that eCom may not be where I want to be after all, and hence it's back to square one yet again.

Relaxing Like Donald - Galaxy S23+

Meanwhile, I've been made to churn out data, update slides, being tasked to take over the things that leaving colleague is doing...  And also made to present a stupid initiative of introducing another channel to the current Service Cloud that is identical to the chat channel.  I guess I'm just the rubbish dump who's also tasked to present rubbish initatives.  I really hate work... but I still need a job.

Been Baking Again - Galaxy S23+

Moving on with life, early this month we tried out a burger joint in New Bahru called One Fattened Calf.  Their menu is really very simple, basic burger, cheeseburger and meat free burger.  

Another Great Burger Joint in New Bahru - Galaxy S23+

While the missus and the kids settled for the obvious I went with the impossible burger.  It was like the first time in a very long while that I've had a very good burger.  

Our Burger Dinner - Galaxy S23+

I also finally attended the barista class that has been overdue for a month.  I finally understood how to taste coffee, what the "fruity", "tangy", "strawberry" overtastes mean.  What excited me the most was when I got to try making latte with a prosumer machine.  From the grinding, tamping, extracting and steaming the milk, it was a great experience.  The instructor taught us how to make a fake Nitro Brew, which is basically aerated iced americano.  Man, that's how I'm going to drink my iced americano from now on, with a dash of French Vanilla too for sure.  

Fake Nitro Vanilla - Galaxy S23+

I finally understood why some machines are more expensive, what kind of Arabica beans used by Starbucks and McDonald's, etc.  I really want a new espresso machine for my upcoming birthday, but cash is really short.  So not this year I guess.  This month I had to cope with the year end holiday spending such as air ticket and hotel stays which is more than 80% of my take home pay.  This is despite Lincoln not coming with us.  So that is another stress I have to deal with this month.

Lindsay Enjoying a Godiva Soft Serve in Bugis Last Saturday - Galaxy S23+

The missus also insisted to visit the Botanic Gardens to see the light festival.  I obliged slightly unwillingly, as I hate how humid Botanic Gardens is.  Unfortunately going to the Gardens by The Bay was out of the question as it was the National Day Saturday and the gardens was surely filled to the brim with spectators waiting for the grand fireworks at 8:15 p.m.  

Let's Go In - A7RMk3 + FE16-35mm F2.8 GM

Colourful Swan Lake - A7RMk3 + FE16-35mm F2.8 GM

The Trademark Pavillion of The Gardens - A7RMk3 + FE16-35mm F2.8 GM

With Lindsay in The Foreground - A7RMk3 + FE16-35mm F2.8 GM

Nevertheless, I came back with quite a number of photos, which weren't fantastic, but good enough for keepsakes.

Long Exposure on a Shaky Tripod - A7RMk3 + FE16-35mm F2.8 GM

The Mist Added a Touch of Drama For Sure - A7RMk3 + FE16-35mm F2.8 GM

Speaking of photos, I also received my pre-ordered XE-5 which I was extremely excited to lay my hands on.  Unfortunately I haven't had the chance to play with it yet.  

Just last Friday we finally visited Chimichanga in Vivocity.  I've yearned to visit this place for quite a while and it was finally satisfied last weekend. 

Delish Fish Tacos - Galaxy S23+

Unfortunately we won't be coming back to Chimichanga soon, as it was an extremely pricey dinner, double what I usually spent at Huevos in New Bahru.   But I have to admit, the atmosphere in Chimichanga is definitely much better.  Perhaps we'll drop by for some special occasions in the future.

I'll officially turn 44 next week.  And I'm really not excited nor thrilled about my upcoming birthday.  I feel like so many things could be better in my life.  I know I should be grateful for what I have now, but I really can't shake off the bad vibes of my current state where work is concerned.  Lindsay's PSLE will take place next month too, so it isn't going to be a month to celebrate but to accompany her and ensure she does not repeat Lincoln's mistakes.

Linc & Lind After Our One Fattened Calf Dinner - Galaxy S23+

I'll also be going for my 3rd dan grading next month, which I'll approach cautiously while giving my best effort as my knees have been killing me.  

It has been an awful August so far...  Here's hoping to a happier September: 

She Is The Anchor of My Life Surely - A7RMk3 + FE16-35mm F2.8 GM

~ Photos Taken With Samsung Galaxy S23+, Sony A7RMk3 + FE 16-35 F2.8 GM ~

No comments:

Post a Comment