July has mostly been..... Well I don't really know how to put it. A mixed bag of sorts... I started the month by accompanying my staff from Batam for a fair in Jurong Point. It's been ages since I last visited Jurong Point for sure. It didn't really bring back memories since the new Jurong Point is an almost completely different maze from the one I remembered during my NTU days.
![]() |
| A Remarkedly Different Jurong Point - Galaxy S23+ |
Work has mostly been plain too. I was rejected by the department I interviewed for, although I was expecting it, the disappointment still hit hard like a tight slap and left me dejected for almost 2 weeks. Fortunately the workload has mostly been manageable this month which makes the stinking work life somewhat tolerable.
![]() |
| Walked From Office to The Promontory - Galaxy S23+ |
We also had a visitor from Hong Kong office who came to join us for training, so I had a relaxing 2 days off, although I can't say the same for the friggin' system we were trained to use. I was planning to apply to the eCommerce team as they will be having 3 open positions, but after speaking to a leaving colleague, I'm starting to have doubts about joining that team. And yet I feel that I must somehow make an exit soon. I really don't know what I need to do next with regards to my transfer attempts. It is so frustrating, to say the least....
![]() |
| Rewarded Myself With a Pricey Latte After The Walk - Galaxy S23+ |
At least on the Batam side, we recorded our best performance since December 2023 for the month of June with 1200 room nights. However I was rather unhappy that the nett P/L was too low, so I asked the accounting team to check the depreciation figures to ensure that we are not double counting for certain assets that have been replaced.
![]() |
| Beautiful Full Moon at Tiong Bahru Road's Redhill MRT Station - Galaxy S23+ |
I also visited Funan with the missus, I didn't tell her that I wanted to go to TK Foto to check on my pre-order for Fujifilm X-E5. I'm planning to get a Viltrox 27mm F1.2 or 13mm F1.4. But this setup is not weather proof, so bringing them for winter trip might not be a good decision.
![]() |
| Inside Funan - Galaxy S23+ |
![]() |
| Had Pizza at Dal.komm Coffee Funan - Galaxy S23+ |
Speaking of which, I've also finally decided to go on another Japan trip for the year end holiday. This time we'll be going without Lincoln. The main reason for leaving him behind is because I feel that he hasn't upped his game yet when it comes to his studies which really frustrates me. The short stint at Bintan ignited his drive for but a short while, and he's now back to his old lazy self. I'm very excited about that Japan holiday because I've planned a stay at an onsen hotel in Hakodate as well as a stop at Noboribetsu to visit Jigokudani.
![]() |
| Beautiful Sunset View on One Of Those Evenings - Galaxy S23+ |
I started baking more regularly too, started off with butter cake early in the month, followed by pandan chiffon cake some 2 weeks later.
![]() |
| Nice Butter Cake - Galaxy S23+ |
The pandan chiffon was not so successful. I used pandan juice that was too diluted, the colour didn't pop although the fragrance was there. And I left it baking for too long in the oven, so the cake deflated slightly.
![]() |
| The Pandan Chiffon Baking Very Well - Galaxy S23+ |
The leftover pandan juice settled after a good 3 days and I removed the excess water, now I'm left with pure pandan essence. I think my next bake should be pandan gula Melaka chiffon cake.
I had also taken leave to attend a barista class in Cowpresso early in the month. Unfortunately I had to reschedule my class as the barista suddenly fainted and the instructor had to accompany her to the hospital. This Saturday I'll finally attend that class hopefully with no more disruptions.
![]() |
| Took a Bus Ride to Great World City For Haircut Last Saturday - Galaxy S23+ |
Lindsay has been busy too with PSLE preparations, her first oral exam will be on 13th August and on the same week her prelims will start. The coming 2 months will be extremely crucial for her. The first thing she can look forward to will be attending the Hatsune Miku Expo in The Star Theatre on 19th November, which is her first reward after finishing PSLE.
![]() |
| Dropped by Creamier With The Missus - Galaxy S23+ |
![]() |
| Chrysantemum Gelato From Geometry Henderson - Galaxy S23+ |
And so... This is how a jaded July has gone by. Here's a closing shot for this month's somewhat plain entry.
![]() |
| Henderson Heights by Lindsay Sukamoto - Galaxy S23+ |
~ Photos Taken With Samsung Galaxy S23+ ~













No comments:
Post a Comment