By now, Lincoln had finished 3 weeks of Primary 1. It has been a trying period for him, I & my wife. There's no change in the time he has to wake up every morning, but his new routine (which is not well controlled) is causing quite a bit of problem. Fortunately Lindsay has been adapting well in her new child care, Mandarin and reading class, I just regret that I have been neglecting her studies as I'm too preoccupied with Lincoln.
Lincoln's problems:
1. he doesn't want to take naps after school and since both I and my wife are working, nobody can force him to - this means that by the time I get home and guide him to do his homework he'll be too sleepy to pay attention. I end up having to blow my top every weeknights just to guide him with schoolwork.
2. he doesn't jot down his homework details so I don't know whether he's doing enough or less or more... But after the 1st parent teacher meeting yesterday, I can safely say he's not doing enough..
3. his Mandarin is..... hopeless I guess.... he just can't remember the letters and he can't get his 笔画right. With weekly 听写on every Tuesday, that's also giving me a lot of pressure..
4. Due to 1 to 3 above, Lincoln has been showing his rebellious side more prominently as of late, partly because I limit his TV time to weekends only now. No tablets and phones either.
![]() |
| The teachers will list down the homework there, but Lincoln just won't write them down in his communication book - took that photo during parent teacher meeting yesterday |
And due to upcoming Chinese New Year holidays, we've been making trips to the reading class for make-up classes. I've been spending so much time in Pandan Valley (the kids' reading class) that I have no other things to do but to take photos within the complex.
![]() |
| Inside Pandan Valley |
Well, I've been so busy that I can't make time to go over to Chinatown to take photos of the lanterns despite the place just a 7 minute train ride away. I had wanted to go tomorrow, but I have to go through Lincoln's 听写first. Hopefully I can make it on Tuesday or Wednesday.
Speaking of Chinese New Year, forecast for roosters don't look so good.
![]() |
| 1st forecast from some displays in Harbourfront Centre |
![]() |
| Another one from Star Vista |
![]() |
| And lastly from Tanjong Pagar Plaza |
As you can see above, seems like I'll have to tread about 2017 carefully....
Anyway, despite the troubles I go through with Lincoln, he's still an obedient boy. I suppose I'll end this entry with the following:
![]() |
| Lincoln drew this for me - I'm the biggest, the chicken is my wife and the 2 chicks are him and Lindsay |
~ Photos taken with LG G5 ~






No comments:
Post a Comment