Thursday, April 13, 2017

Hong Kong Trip 2017 - Day 4

On day 4 of our trip, we started with a buffet breakfast at the Disneyland Hotel's Enchanted Garden.  It was a character breakfast where various Disney characters will walk around and take photos with us.

The buffet spread was amazing; lots of variety and cutely decorated Disney character food.  Need I say more?

Just look at all that food!  Too many choices! - X-T2 + XF16mm F1.4R

It was hard to pay attention to what we'd like to have for breakfast as we were also trying to catch our favourite Disney characters for a quick photo.

Lindsay and Pluto - X-T2 + XF16mm F1.4R
Breakfast was over at approximately 11 a.m. and we quickly returned to our room to prepare for day 2 in the park.

Inside the hotel - X-T2 + XF16mm F1.4R
Soon, we were back at Tomorrow Land.  Lincoln wanted to try all the Star Wars rides.  When we arrived, Captain Phasma and her First Order Storm Troopers were around, but I the kids were too afraid of her, none of them wanted to get their photo taken with the Captain.  But I managed to get this photo of Captain Phasma.

Hello there Captain - X-T2 + XF16mm F1.4R
And after that brief encounter we went on to the indoor roller coaster ride.  That would be my second ride for this Disneyland visit.  This roller coaster is a lot faster with more turns and drops compared to Grizzly Gulch's.  The ride is..... more "violent".

Eager beavers waiting for their turn to get on board - X-T2 + XF16mm F1.4R
I was somewhat relieved when the ride finished.  Lincoln wanted to go again but I couldn't oblige.  I felt like I wanted to throw up.  Before we left, I snapped a shot of these droid eggs.

BB8, C3PO & R2D2 - X-T2 + XF16mm F1.4R
Next stop is the Story book stage performance.  This was a lively performance which is a mash up of many favourite Disney stories such as the Jungle Book, Frozen, Aladdin, The Princess and The Frog - that's about all I can remember.

The Story Book performance stills - X-T2 + XF16mm F1.4R
I don't know much about the story but his is one of the best numbers in the performance - X-T2 + XF16mm F1.4R
We also dropped by the PhilharMagic for a 4D show that is exactly the same as I remembered when I first watched it 8 years ago.



After this performance we immediately rushed to the Main Street to watch the Spring Carnival.

Toy Story float - X-T2 + XF14mm F2.8R
As we finished quite late from the Story Book performance, we only managed to catch the last leg of the parade.  That Toy Story float was my best catch.

After the carnival finished we explored the Fairy Tale Forest - unfortunately Tinker Bell was not around, took the train from Fantasy Land to Main Street USA.

Boarding The Train! - X-T2 + XF14mm F2.8R

That's a goofy joke alright - X-T2 +XF14mm F2.8R

And here we are at Main Street Station -X-T2 + XF14mm F2.8R
After we browsed the shops at Main Street USA it was time to watch another parade!


A still capture of the parade - X-T2 + XF14mm F2.8R
After the parade ended, we headed back to Tomorrow Land's Jedi Temple.  Lincoln wanted to try becoming a Jedi apprentice. So there he went learning to swing and block with his light saber.

After he finished his Jedi training, we went on to the Castle to see the princesses.

That's Lincoln there in green doing a cool pose - X-T2 + XF14mm F2.8R
From Fantasy Land we moved on to Toy Story Land which was quite small...

And there you have it, Toy Story Land - X-T2 + XF14mm F2.8R
We just went there to have a look and see, after which we went on to the Mystic Point.  There were not many people here, so we didn't have to wait long to get on the ride.

A sculpture in a garden outside Mystic Point
And soon, it was time to go back to Main Street to watch the night parade again!







Can't forget the fireworks too:


By the end of the day, I've almost ran out of memory on both cards in my X-T2.  No better time to go back than now....

The queue for the shuttle bus going back to the hotel was this long:

Finally, time to rest after such a long day - LG G5
Here's a closing shot for this entry: 

I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream.  I know you, the gleam in your eyes is so familiar a dream.  - X-T2 + XF14mm F2.8R
~ Photos taken with LG G5; Fujifilm X-T2 + XF14mm F2.8R + XF16mm F1.4R ~

No comments:

Post a Comment