Day 3 was when the excitement started as it was the day we moved to Disneyland, the happiest place on earth! We took the train to Disneyland because we wanted to experience riding the special Mickey Mouse trains from Sunny Bay to Disneyland.
![]() |
| The Disneyland train from Sunny Bay - LG G5 |
After arriving at Hong Kong Disneyland station we had to check-in at the hotel first. To do that we took the Resort Shuttle bus. As we arrived early, no rooms were available yet, but at least we could leave our luggage with the concierge and secured our room.
Waiting for the shuttle bus to arrive and take us back to the park seemed like eternity, Lincoln was very impatient. Actually I was too, but I couldn't show it to Lincoln as I didn't want to aggravate him even more.
The moment we alighted the bus our feet just wanted to run. I was truly delirious to say the least.
| Disney character fountain - X-T2 + XF14mm F2.8R |
| This garden entrance is still the same as I last remembered it - X-T2 + XF14mm F2.8R |
The park was in the Easter mood so there were Disney eggs everywhere. Inside the park, it was as amazingly beautiful as I could possibly expect or dream of.
| Just some of the Easter eggs around the park - X-T2 + XF14mm F2.8R |
| Photo taking patio prior to Main Street USA - X-T2 + XF14mm F2.8R |
As it was past lunch time and we hadn't eaten lunch yet, we decided to go to the Corner Cafe for a proper lunch to last us till dinner. I didn't really took photos of the food save for the dessert.
| Ice cream and Macaron - X-T2 + XF14mm F2.8R |
Lincoln was really impatient by the time we finished lunch so the moment we stepped out of the cafe we headed straight to Tomorrow Land which is the nearest area to the Cafe. In Tomorrow Land we tried the newest attraction which is the Iron Man ride. It was an interesting ride with good story line. Quite amazing too to see the action happening in Kowloon.
| Here we go Iron Man! - X-T2 + XF14mm F.28R |
| And see you again soon - X-T2 + XF14mm F2.8R |
While this Iron Man attraction is new, I noticed that the Toy Story's Buzz Lightyear ride was replaced with a Star Wars themed ride. There's a new ride too for Buzz which is more children friendly called Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters, unfortunately we didn't try it.
After Tomorrow Land we headed to the Fantasy Land's It's a Small World ride. It's a very colourful attraction in the inside (although some of the puppets came across as creepy).
![]() |
| It's a small world after all - X-T2 + XF14mm F2.8R |
After the ride in Small World we headed to Fantasy Garden. This is where we can take photos with Disney characters. I took some snaps of the garden which I think was more interesting than taking photos with the characters - unless if the character was Donald Duck, I really want a photo with Donald Duck!
![]() |
| Some of the displays in Fantasy Garden, except for Bambi which is in the central garden outside the castle - X-T2 + XF14mm F2.8R |
After walking around Fantasy Garden we moved on to Grizzly Gulch. I haven't had a roller coaster ride since the last time I was in Disneyland 8 years ago. Since Lincoln wanted to ride the roller coaster, I had to oblige and accompanied him.
| Yep, that roller coaster was the one I took with Lincoln - X-T2 + XF14mm F2.8R |
After touring Grizzly Gulch we moved on to the Theater in the Wild within Adventureland to watch The Lion King musical. It is a condensed musical which summarizes the Lion King's story into a 30 minute performance. It was a very good performance considering that we don't have to pay for it (other than your park admission ticket).
![]() |
| Condensed Lion King performance - X-T2 + XF16mm F1.4R |
By the time the musical finished it was half past six, so we moved to Main Street again to watch the upcoming electrical parade.
![]() |
| As the sun sets - X-T2 + XF16mmF1.4R |
Although the area was slowly filling up, I decided to just walk around since it was not so crowded. Main Street looked truly amazing at night.
![]() |
| Buildings in Main Street USA at night - X-T2 + XF16mm F1.4R |
I chanced upon these gold and sliver statuettes in one of the shops in Main Street. They look really exquisite.
![]() |
| Bejeweled mice - X-T2 + XF16mm F1.4R |
There's also this amazingly sweet display outside a confectionery shop.
| A confectionery shop display - X-T2 + XF16mm F1.4R |
And soon, the parade started. We immediately ran to the garden after Main Street and just watched the magic passed by.
![]() |
| The amazing electrical parade - X-T2 + XF16mm F1.4R |
After waiting for another 40 minutes or so it was the fireworks. I did not take any photos, but recorded videos of the fireworks which was amazing.
And soon it was time to leave the park.
| Bye bye Mickey, see you tomorrow - X-T2 + XF16mm F1.4R |
Here's a closing shot for this entry:
| Bokehlicious Mickey the wizard - X-T2 + XF16mm F1.4R |
~ Photos taken with Fujifilm X-T2 + XF14mm F2.8R/XF16mm F1.4R WR ~








No comments:
Post a Comment