Tuesday, September 12, 2017

First Time to Shanghai - For Work....

Back in August I had a chance to visit Shanghai for work again - as in to "work" again, not "to Shanghai again".  The last time I went to China was more than 20 years ago so I thought it was an interesting opportunity to see how China has changed.

It was another morning flight, I wanted to avoid arriving late at night as I was travelling to an unfamiliar place.  

Waiting to board the plane again - RX100 Mk3
Upon arrival, I quickly hopped on a taxi - China made car which I didn't get the brand.  The driver was in singlets and shorts which caught me by surprise, but hey, it was summer...  The weatherman said the temperature was a hot 37 degrees while the real feel on the ground was 51 degrees.  

The interior of a Chinese taxi - LG G6
For this trip I stayed in Intercontinental Shanghai Puxi.  Got a nice upgrade to a Club room too. 

Nice free upgrade - RX100 Mk3
After getting familiarized with the hotel surroundings and getting necessary stuffs I just stayed in to prepare for the next working day.

And.. this is the meeting room that I was going to be holed up in for the next 3 days.  

Working meeting room - RX100 Mk3
So I did presentations, answered questions, provided guidance to the users and created some documents, bla bla bla bla....  the usual things.......     

Well, nothing interesting happened as I did not venture out.  I was on cheapo mode and did not want to spend any money on taxi so the furthest I went to was the Shanghai Station.  

The view from the bridge going to Shanghai station - RX100 Mk3

And that's Shanghai station - RX100 Mk3
So that's about the only sightseeing I did... Got a Mc Donald's dinner too while I was at it. 

When it was finally time to go home I really looked forward to it.  Unfortunately the Pudong airport is very boring..... And as it was a midnight flight, many shops were pretty much closed.  

Shanghai Pudong airport interior - LG G6

Just another interior shot - LG G6
So here's a closing shot for this entry: 

Time to go home - RX100 Mk3
~ Photos taken with LG G6 & Sony RX100 Mk3 ~

No comments:

Post a Comment