Two days after I returned home from the Tokyo biz trip I went off to Bangkok for a final Country Super User Training. This time there were 50 users from 17 countries to train. Same venue at Pullman G in Silom. I was really excited because after this there will be no more training, no more creating exercises, no more data preparation (especially of such a large scale). October was crazy... I spent 16 days abroad just for work.. This time I went light with just the RX100 Mk3.
 |
| The customary departing plane shot |
 |
| For some reason I thought this guy drove the taxi like he drove a tuk tuk, but he was fast, couldn't complaint - G6 |
 |
| 3 times in Pullman G, 3 times the signature white room |
Arrived on Wednesday afternoon, started work on Thursday. We started with data preparation. Each user needs 9 sets of data, that means a total of 450 data plus some extras we use for our own presentation. With 4 people in the team I assigned one of the trainers to create the exercise materials while I and the other 2 punched our keyboard to prepare the data. At the same time I and another trainer were also preparing our presentation materials for the training. That week was tough, finished work at almost 1 am til Saturday.
 |
| This is where me and the other team members work |
 |
| Still had web conferences to attend too.... |
 |
| Yep still catching up on e-mails at 10 pm.... taking a break from the data entry - G6 |
On Sunday, I've had enough of the breakfast fare in the hotel so I went to nearby Dean & Deluca at Mahanakhon. It was a very nice brunch indeed.
 |
| Thai Iced Coffee & Iced Water, gotta stay hydrated |
 |
| Eggs Benedict with Sriracha Pulled Pork - really loved this |
 |
| Some fine gourmet food right next to the restaurant |
 |
| And I sat just right in front of the chefs |
In the afternoon I and the other trainers gathered at the training venue to check the setup, equipment and do a dry run before the real thing on Monday.
 |
| Those standing are my other trainers, the sitting one is from the facilitating team to ensure training readiness |
Nice view from the 38th floor, my room was not facing this side this time around.
 |
| I can't resist a good view every now and then |
Annnnnddddd....... Monday finally arrived. Ho Ho Hoo...... I was very excited.... I think my 2 other trainers were excited too...
 |
| Yea, this what a trainer's view is like |
 |
| Somehow I found myself a lot calmer when I'm back here |
 |
| My colleague from the facilitator team giving a short briefing before the training started - G6 |
Fortunately things ran smoothly on the first day.
I had a bit of hiccups on the 2nd day when I became a wingman, I was not very familiar with the function the other trainer wanted to explain (because I didn't attend the customer service training which he apparently did). There were a lot of questions yes...
 |
| Just from day 1, this excludes those that we answered one-to-one with the trainees - G6 |
And finally on the last day we ended ahead of schedule.
 |
| Tuesday function dinner |
I was very happy when I told them, "you can go for beer in level 36" as there were left overs from the previous night's function dinner.
I only had a chance to take a photo with one of the trainers, a Korean guy we call Luke (it's easier to call him Luke than his actual name).
 |
| I and Luke |
I was very fortunate to have met Luke, he's very cooperative, does a very good job, and oh yes, he took up the heaviest module of the training and did it very well in my opinion. I really hope I can bump into him again one day. The other trainer, a lady by the name of Xue Lin also did a good job on her modules. There was another fellow called Wilson who helped with the data preparation and our main consultant whenever we had some issues. Overall, I had a great team to work with.
Before I left Pullman I had to take a photo of this bottled water. Pullman always have this cheeky designs which leaves you.. I don't know how to say it... "gemes" in Indonesian..
 |
| THB 50 is still "phaeng" for me |
Anyway, I just wanted to go home already.
 |
| Couldn't wait to board that plane and go home |
 |
| Symmetry - G6 |
Here's a closing shot for this entry:
 |
| I'm done being the trainer in 2017 |
~ Photos taken with Sony RX100 Mk3 & LG G6 ~
No comments:
Post a Comment