Earlier in October I went to Batam for a private project. I hadn't been to Batam in a very long time so this short visit was quite refreshing. Things in Batam change at quite a fast pace nowadays, no doubt tourism is still going strong despite the factories and shipyards having gone out of business. Harbourbay itself is changing as Marriott is shaping up quite nicely. This complex is looking more and more..... complex.... I had my X-T2 and the XF10-24mm F4 R OIS for this short project.
| Sunset in Harbourbay |
Anyway, my project has to do with Batam Harbour Boutique Hotel & Spa (https://www.batamharbour.biz/), another of my father's venture. With things coming to a head in the work front, diversifying my efforts seems like a good idea for now.
Sunset in Harbourbay is always beautiful although I guess the view would be much better in Nongsa. But this view will do just nice for me.
![]() |
| Another side of the sunset from Harbourbay |
I had to revamp the existing website for the hotel so I was there to take some photos of the property and Harbourbay itself.
![]() |
| Batam Harbour Boutique Hotel Lobby Area |
![]() |
| The property's facade |
![]() |
| One of the many seafood restaurants in Harbourbay near the property |
![]() |
| Fancy a dinner on the water? |
It was a fun short visit to reconnect with Batam. I should stay longer and visit Nagoya Hill if I had the chance next time. Not to mention I really had a fun time with the XF10-24mm.
Here's a closing shot for this short entry:
![]() |
| Same restaurant as previous shot, but different angle, I like this version better |
~ Photos taken with Fujifilm X-T2 + XF10-24mm F4 R OIS~






No comments:
Post a Comment