Friday, December 29, 2017

Last Working Day of 2017

Nope, I didn't work today, I cleared my leave today so yesterday was my last working day of 2017.  So what I did today was to go to one of the oldest temples (https://shuanglin.sg/en/home/) in Singapore to pray, giving thanks that I have finally (almost) cleared 2017, for all the blessings, the happy moments, the sad moments and well.. I don't know what else to say... 

I really love going to Lian Shan Shuang Lin (莲山双林) monastery.  The monastery has 3 temples inside with a very beautiful garden.  Even Lincoln loves looking at the court which according to him makes him feel peaceful.  Likewise, just sitting and looking at the garden gives me a feeling of peace and some serenity, an escape from the hectic happenings in daily life.

Main court in the second temple

Lincoln and I arrived at about 10:45, it was very cloudy and hot but he was in good spirits always.  As the complex was vast, we finished at slightly after 12.  Yep, that's how long it takes to pray here.

The second temple has a very large hall behind the main courts.  I guess this is where they hold Dhamma talks.

If I remember correctly, this building houses the Dharma Hall 
The third temple has a very beautiful pagoda in front with wind chimes at every corner of the pagoda's roof edges. 

Going through the garden to the 3rd temple
The pagoda right outside the 3rd temple
In all, I really love going to Lian Shan Suang Lin (莲山双林) monastery always.  Yes, always..  The place has less tourists as compared to Thian Hock Keng temple in Tanjong Pagar.  The intricate details and excellent workmanship are clearly on display in the second temple.  I also love the feeling of peace and serenity whenever I'm here.

There will be more visits in the future for sure.

Here's a closing shot for this short entry:

East Door into 2nd temple, also known as the MahaVihara

~Photos taken with LG G6~

No comments:

Post a Comment