It's been so long since my last entry, I had been quite busy lately. I assumed my new position in my parent company, had to re-learn some new things, new stuffs to do while still doing my previous tasks, could say I was triple-capping and still do now, at least until end of March.
Despite the hectic working life, February was a month for celebrations; there was Valentine, Lindsay's birthday & my wedding anniversary. Valentine was pretty simple as my wife settled for a stalk of rose: she and I have an understanding that we'll just go all out on our anniversary.
As for Lindsay's birthday, my little girl turned 5 this year, growing up so fast.
We got her favourite cake from Chef Yamashita, the Chocolate roll. Not sure whether she likes the cake or the chocolate cream. I'm not a big fan, but it's a good cake to be fair.
![]() |
| Special Chocolate Roll for a Special Girl |
And right about 8 days later it was my 9th wedding anniversary. Nothing fancy, just a special dinner at The Halia in Botanic gardens. Halia is a Malay word which means ginger by the way... and this would be our 2nd visit to The Halia, the first one was to their Raffles Hotel branch which is now closed due to a major renovation.
I really love the ambiance of The Halia in Botanic Gardens, the atmosphere is totally different from a fancy dinner in the city. It was a lot more peaceful, slightly more humid, a lot of greenery.. well, it was an enjoyable experience.
![]() |
| Inside The Halia |
The Halia's food was excellent. We ordered truffle fries, prawn crackers with chili crab dips, chili crab spaghettini and steak. For dessert we had a "ginger garden" and a yuzu infused cake.
![]() |
| Savoury offerings |
![]() |
| The staff cleverly asked what was the occasion and thoughtfully decorated our dessert - very classy move which is much appreciated |
And so those are the exciting happenings in February.
Here's a closing photo for this short entry.
![]() |
| Me & The Wifey - 9th anniversary celebration |
~ Photos taken with Sony A7RMk2 + Zeiss Batis 2/25~





No comments:
Post a Comment