So far May has been very boring except for some excitements back in my hometown - some idiot crazy terrorists bombings.... that was very sad really....
On the work front, things are picking up although those are quite easy stuffs, nothing like what I used to have back in my old department. I've been struggling to keep myself awake in office as I'm just too bored at the stuffs I do. Now, don't get me wrong, there are plenty of things to do. Over the span of 4 months that I've been in this position, I have crossed out 50 items out of 57 in my tasks list (that is still growing). But the difficulty level is just not challenging.
At home, I finally got a chance to visit an ice cream cafe I've been longing to try for quite some time: Creamier @ Tiong Bahru. To be more precise it's located at 78 Yong Siak Street, near Cheng's 27 and Forty Hands. It's amazing how they've been there for so long and it took me only last Thursday to visit. I sure am a late comer.
![]() |
| Hello there Creamier! |
As soon as I stepped in I was greeted by sweet, aromatic fragrance (most probably from the waffle iron and the coffee machine). An ice cream chiller cabinet immediately shows you all available flavours for your viewing pleasure which would culminate into a choice of either cup or cone; single, double or triple scoops?? FYI, I had 4. 😋
![]() |
| Sea salt gula melaka? Earl grey lavender? Roasted sesame? Speculous cookie butter? So many to choose from! |
As a fan of pistachio, I immediately decided on roasted pistachio flavour for my 1st scoop. As I visited with my wife, the 2nd scoop has to be chocolate. But I knew I had to get another flavour as I didn't want this visit to be "wasted", so I went on to get a scoop of Speculous butter cookie. Of these 3 flavours, the speculous butter cookie came out tops followed by the pistachio. The chocolate ice cream was good, but it doesn't do enough to distinguish itself from the other chocolate ice cream around. So it's just a good chocolate ice cream.
And since everybody there had waffles, I felt compelled to try it as well.
![]() |
| Waffles and ice cream, what more can I ask for? |
The waffle was amazing. Crispy outside and fluffy inside, the warmth so nicely complemented with the cold and sweetness of the ice cream. In fact the waffle was good enough to go with the maple syrup without needing any ice cream. If I had lived in nearby Regency Suites I think I could have waffles for dessert almost every night!
Before we left, we got another scoop of sea salt gula melaka. This is another interesting flavour which I really enjoyed as well.
I guess I will be visiting Creamier @ Tiong Bahru again sometime soon.
Here's a closing shot:
![]() |
| See you later ice creamier |
~ Photos taken with Sony RX100 Mk3 ~




No comments:
Post a Comment