I was wondering what I was going to write about this month. And when I looked through my photo library I noticed that I hadn't mentioned anything about my September 2017 business trip to Bangkok. My mind was very much occupied with so many other things back then...
On that trip I actually visited the sunflower garden in Changi airport's Terminal 2 and took a few snaps before departing for Bangkok. It was a Sunday if I remember correctly.
![]() |
| Changi Airport Sunflower Garden @ Terminal 2 - RX100 Mk3 |
![]() |
| Here's a good one looking right back at you - RX100 Mk3 |
![]() |
| You can get quite a good view of the tarmac from here - RX100 Mk3 |
After basking myself in the sun from the top as well as those standing right in front of me, it was time to go to the boarding area to leave for Bangkok.
![]() |
| Here we go again - RX100 Mk3 |
The flight was quite uneventful, probably because I had gotten quite used to flying already by then; I had just returned from Shanghai some 3 weeks earlier after all.
Upon arrival at Suvarnabhumi airport it was the standard walk to the taxi stand at the basement to go to Pullman Bangkok G (as usual).
![]() |
| Just 2 people ahead of me - RX100 Mk3 |
![]() |
| Snapped this while I was waiting for my taxi to come - RX100 Mk3 |
After I got the queue number, I just hopped on the taxi and took a rainy ride to Silom.
![]() |
| Rainy and "jammy" ride to Silom - LG G6 |
And so after checking-in I returned to this familiar room again.
![]() |
| The signature white room in Pullman G - RX100 Mk3 |
This time around I woke up much earlier than I used to since I thought it was pointless to laze around in the room. Since I couldn't sleep I made sure I loaded up on caffeine a lot. I would go down for breakfast at around 6:20 a.m. had about 2-3 cups of coffee (they're really good!) with my breakfast. 2-3 cups in the morning followed by at least 1 cup at each coffee break. Not to mention during lunch too. I was a caffeine junkie back then.
![]() |
| My typical breakfast spread, I always had more coffee than food - LG G6 |
After I was done with breakfast I'd return to my room, bathe, get dressed up and be at the meeting room by 8 a.m. My buddy Luke would be there too at around that time, sometimes even earlier than me, just to clarify on things he learned the day before or to understand more. That guy is really, very hardworking and responsible. I should really count my lucky stars and blessings to be so fortunate to have him as my regional trainer.
On some evening, I took a photo of Silom from my room as usual.
![]() |
| The sun setting in Silom - RX100 Mk3 |
Coming to think of it, I kind of missed Pullman G and the view above...
Then I went off to Silom Complex to get some souvenirs for Lindsay, a cute Hummingmint backpack and a Hello Kitty rain poncho.
![]() |
| Souvenirs for Lindsay - LG G6 |
On the following day, it was breakfast as usual. The sights were fantastic as always. Bangkok in the morning could be so calming.
![]() |
| I really like the view from here, and if I remember correctly that should be my 2nd cup of coffee for that day - LG G6 |
At night there was a function dinner which was just as fine since it was raining heavily outside, we couldn't go anywhere.
![]() |
| And it was raining heavily in Silom then - RX100 Mk3 |
On the following morning, I got word about 公公 and things pretty much spiraled down from then on. After I collected myself and thought it over, I knew I had to stay for 1 more day to at least fix the training plan with my regional trainers for the super user training they will conduct on the following month. If I had left on that day, things could unravel and I thought it would be grossly irresponsible of me to do that. As much as I wanted time to grief, I had to play along to make sure things go well since my reputation was also pretty much at stake. I really felt the title of "Global Trainer" resting very heavily on my shoulders back then, not in a pleasant way.
In the afternoon there was a team building activity which I had to take part in. I had booked a flight back to Singapore on the following evening as I still had to clear the training plan with my regional trainers. I was in team 17.
![]() |
| Team 17's equipment - RX100 Mk3 |
![]() |
| And my team members; Alessandra is absolutely stunning (for me at least) - RX100 Mk3 |
It was a local version of Amazing Race of sorts. We had to go to places around Bangkok based on clues received from a tablet, snap photos as evidence that we were there, answered quizzes on local stuffs and such. It was a very interesting activity that distracted me from melancholy for a while. My team even came in 4th, just one short of a podium finish.. so annoying.
And on the following day after I cleared the training plan and the exercise materials I left the hotel at 3pm to catch a flight back home to Singapore, followed by a dawn flight to Jakarta with Lincoln on the day after to catch 公公's cremation.
![]() |
| 291 Baht from Silom to Suvarnabhumi - LG G6 |
Here's a closing shot for this almost forgotten entry:
![]() |
| Another blue Silom, this time in RX100 Mk3 |
~ Photos taken with Sony RX100 Mk3 + LG G6 ~

















No comments:
Post a Comment