Sunday, August 5, 2018

Anything Batam

I only made 1 entry last month, that's not good.  Lots of catching up to do!  😆😆 Actually I don't have anything much to say either...  From my last entry up to this point I had been busy with work, working on my company's new website.

And for the first time ever in 13 years, I attended company D&D.  I never liked attending some dinner party/dance, etc.  I just don't like parties in general, even more so if it's a company function.  I prefer to see my colleagues as professionals instead of them making fools (or fun.. whichever way they see it..) out of themselves.  In fact during the mass dance event finale, I just stood outside the ballroom, waiting for the whole thing to be over with as I couldn't stand the whole revelry anymore which at that point in time I felt resembled absolute debauchery.

I guess I'll just write something about Batam food from previous mini trips.

I'll start with this nice hyperlapse video which I took with my phone camera in Harbour Front Centre, just prior to departing for Batam. 


And, let's start with the food.  Or rather... drink...  

Won't say its ice cold, just cold.  - Samsung A8+
Oh yes, there's an A&W in Batam.  Just drop by Nagoya Hill 1st level on Hypermart side, there's no way you can miss it.  Although I love the root beer float, I don't like the fact they use soft serve vanilla ice cream instead of solid frozen ice cream.  Maybe I can fix a better root beer float at home, but I don't have that cute mug with the bear's face.  

Another interesting place I tried previously was "Cha Kue Abun 66" in Pasar Penuin.  Cha Kue Abun is located inside kopi tiam Long Shu Siah which is right next to Gideon Hotel, also in Pasar Penuin's vicinity.  The main dish is Cha Kue which is a mix of radish cake, yellow noodles and kway teow, fried together in sweet soy sauce and eggs.  It's a great breakfast fare.  

Tanjung Pinang style cha kue Abun - Samsung A8+
I also had a chance to go to Mie Tiau Bagan which I used to frequent.   The menu is still pretty much the same after all these years.  While the noodle is very good, I have a bit of problem with the accompanying soup which has a "muddy" taste.  I think they used the soup from boiling the vegetables over and over again which resulted in that unique taste that I unfortunately do not fancy.  

Mie Bagan from Mie Tiau Bagan, also in Penuin - Samsung A8+
Lastly, there was also a short visit to Biscotti Bakery & Coffee.  This time the savoury dishes were rather forgettable and I only enjoyed the red velvet latte.  

Red Velvet Latte From Biscotti Bakery & Cafe - Samsung A8+
Hmm... nothing else to say......  I think I need a handphone with better camera than my current A8+, but that dual SIM + memory card is just so convenient... dang...  and next time I go to Batam, I should visit Martabak Har again.

Here's a closing shot for this "I don't have much to say" entry:

Blue skies in Harbour Bay - RX100 Mk3
~Photos taken with Samsung Galaxy A8+ & Sony RX100 Mk3~

No comments:

Post a Comment