It has been a dull week. No one at work seems to have time for me. You see, there's this Robotic Process Automation project which the business owners are keen (or at least to me, they seem keen) to adopt, but at the same time they don't have time for me to just arrange a meeting with the vendor. As a result I was just doing mundane things in office such as sending reminders, uploading exchange rates, troubleshooting some business application issues. I swear, the boredom is killing me slowly.
Well at least.... last Sunday there was the Karate grading in which I finally attained a Shodan (初段). My black belt is now still on it's way from Tokaido. Hopefully I'll get it soon as I really can't wait to put it on.
Well at least.... last Sunday there was the Karate grading in which I finally attained a Shodan (初段). My black belt is now still on it's way from Tokaido. Hopefully I'll get it soon as I really can't wait to put it on.
On the other hand, this week I managed to indulge myself in some reading again.
![]() |
| My reading stuffs |
As a Shotokan practitioner, its only natural that I read a biography of Master Gichin Funakoshi. He is after all, the father of modern Shotokan Karate-do. However, I finished that book in less than 3 hours. In my age, I couldn't agree more with the title of the book that karate is a way of life. Master Funakoshi's twenty instructions (二十訓) prove to be timeless and applies even to this era. Humility, persistence, respect and adaptability; all of which are still very much relevant in our daily lives today.
Then there are the Darth Vader comics detailing his exploits after Order 66, right after Episode III: Revenge of The Sith. Again those were easy reads requiring just half of my Sunday to finish.
Finally there's this book about the founder of Salim Group which will be a heavy read, so I saved that for last. As an Indonesian, it is almost impossible to not have our lives touched by one of Salim Group's companies whether its food, construction, cars, financial services and media to name a few. Even here in Singapore I just had Indofood's Salted Egg Indomie about 2 weeks back 😝😝😝. So far I've finished the first 2 chapters of the book right after I was done with Darth Vader and I found the book to be an enjoyable read. I suppose that will keep me occupied quite well for the whole of next week.
~Photo taken with Samsung Galaxy A8+~

No comments:
Post a Comment