Today marks the 24th day of Singapore's Circuit Breaker. We started with exactly 1000 infections on 1st April and have by today reached 16169. That is a massive 16 fold increase over a period of 30 days. If any consolation, the local community transmission has somehow reached single digit today numbering to a moderate 6. The foreign workers in dormitories continue to make up the largest numbers of infections, my heart really goes out to them and I really hope that they can overcome the infection. As for those who are not infected, I sincerely hope they will remain safe always.
For the rest of us who are very fortunate to be allowed to work and study from home, life has become a lot simpler as compared to pre-COVID-19 era. We eat at home a lot more, cook more than usual, enjoy each other's company no matter good or bad, and just finding things we can do at home.
Well, I had a go in making the viral Dalgona coffee. I succeeded after 3 tries. The first 2 were foamy, I didn't get the water ratio right. The third attempt was the charm indeed. My incarnation came with crushed Lotus Biscoff for added flavour.
![]() |
| My Take on The Dalgona Coffee - Galaxy Note 9 |
My conclusion: Dalgona coffee is for people with too much time on their hands with extremely sweet tooth. So it's back to my Mukka Express + Oat milk for the remainder of the Circuit Breaker period. Fresh coffee is so much better than instant coffee for sure.
I also tried to squeeze some time for baking. As I couldn't get my hands on fresh pandan leaves, I had to resort to using pandan extract - which I'm usually quite strongly against. However, in such times, exceptions could apply for a while I guess. It's not that there are no pandan leaves, those that are available are too dry and almost wilted, they are more suitable for savoury cooking than baking.
![]() |
| The Not So Natural Pandan Chiffon Cake - Galaxy Note 9 |
Since we can't get out and about, I've been spending quite a lot of time in the balcony just to enjoy the view.
![]() |
| Very Quiet Night Along Alexandra Road, Looking East - Galaxy Note 9 |
![]() |
| Sunset in Alexandra Road, Looking West - Galaxy Note 9 |
![]() |
| A Cool Rainy Day - Galaxy Note 9 |
Other than that, I spent most of my time accompanying, or rather supervising the kids on their Home Based Learning days. Oh man... supervising the both of them really drives my blood pressure up all the way to the roof. Juggling that and work really could almost give me a heart attack.
![]() |
| Lindsay's Drawing For a School Assignment - Galaxy Note 9 |
![]() |
| Another of Lindsay's Handiwork For Art Class - Galaxy Note 9 |
Fortunately, we are still allowed to go our for workouts, so I've been going to Alexandra Canal Park more often now, I also explored the other side to the west towards Queenstown.
![]() |
| A Different View This Time - Galaxy Note 9 |
![]() |
| On The Way Back Home - Galaxy Note 9 |
We still have 30 more days to go since Circuit Breaker has been extended until 1st June. So... I'll be getting used to these simple days for a bit longer.
Here's a closing shot for this short entry:
![]() |
| Another Day With Beautiful Sunset - Galaxy Note 9 |
~ Photos Taken With Galaxy Note 9 ~










No comments:
Post a Comment