Thursday, May 28, 2020

Muted May

It has been a very quiet May, naturally, since we are in the midst of the Circuit Breaker period. Although the kids started their holiday this month, they have not been able to get out of home. And Youtube is just not wholesome for them... not even Youtube for Kids.  So I took out mine and the missus' 16 year old Nintendo DS and let them have a go at proper gaming.  Seeing how much they enjoyed it, I decided to splurge on a Nintendo Switch Lite.  Real gaming is still the best as compared to the new capitalist mobile games where you have to pay to win.  And just because you have forked out a princely sum, that still does not guarantee that you'll enjoy the game.  I also hate how the new mobile games seem to run like daily chores with no end in sight.  There is no story arc, grinding does not get you to the top, after a while some new characters will be introduced which makes your previous grinding (and sometimes purchase) meaningless - seriously, even other open ended games like The Sims or Sim City are way better.  Old school gaming is still gold.  So it's Nintendo Switch Lite + Final Fantasy + Mario Odyssey + Mario Deluxe.  I'm the only one who still loves RPG, so much that I'm the one playing Final Fantasy III on my DS now while the kids play with the new Switch Lite. 

Good Old Nintendo DS - Galaxy Note 9
Aside from that, it's the usual trip to Alexandra Canal Park to exercise and some occasional food deliveries to break the monotony at home.

We Had Thai From Little Elephant Bistro in Tiong Bahru During Hari Raya Idul Fitri Weekend - Galaxy Note 9
By now, I've also come to realize that the otter family occupying Alexandra Canal Park is known as the "Zouk Otter" family.  It is really nice to be able to spot them whenever we go for our exercise runs & walks.


I've also decided to get a couple of bicycles for myself and Lincoln.  I went with Polygon, a very well known Indonesian bicycle brand.  The bikes still need some adjustments and enhancements which can only be done after Circuit Breaker, but as they are now, they are good enough.

Polygon Mountain Bikes For Linc & Me - Galaxy Note 9
We should try cycling all the way to Robertson Quay on one of the following weeks. And today I finally cycled all the way to Empress Place with the missus.  Lincoln still can't control his bike very well, so it's best for him to avoid public places for the time being.

Pit Stop at Raffles' Landing Site - Galaxy Note 9
Enjoying The Sunset On Our Way Back - Galaxy Note 9
I think I'll be cycling a lot more now, but will still need to balance it with occasional jogging in Alexandra Park Canal as usual.  I really love how cycling makes it possible for me to explore new places that would otherwise take a very long time on foot.

A Lush and Green Shortcut From Alexandra Canal Park to Tanglin Road - Galaxy Note 9
I also had some baking this month with Lindsay where we baked Tangzhong milk bread and apple pie.  

Giving The Bread an Egg Wash - Galaxy Note 9

Lovely - Galaxy Note 9

Apple Pie Soaking Up The Heat - Galaxy Note 9

And Here It Is - Galaxy Note 9
Here's a closing shot for this short entry:

A Still & Serene Alexandra Road With The Moon Just Rising - Galaxy Note 9
~ Photos taken with Samsung Galaxy Note 9 ~

No comments:

Post a Comment