October has been an absolutely f&*ked up month. This is the worst of all months so far in 2020. I'm still reeling from how 婆婆 left us so suddenly, earlier this month with us having no chance to bid her a proper farewell. I tried to find some peace by reading an old book: "The Art of Living" by Dalai Lama. I've had this book since the last year of my NTU days. And I thought this is quite an appropriate time to read it again.
 |
| The Art of Living - Galaxy Note 9 |
Things couldn't possibly get worst (oh yes, I really mean it with a "t" instead of an "e") at work too. I'm covering for my boss who suddenly went for a surgery and ended up with a complication. From what I understand, he failed to communicate to the surgeon that he is taking blood thinning medication which resulted in continued bleeding after the procedure. While I truly sympathize with him, his absence and me having to fill up the vacuum is already pressurizing enough on its own. Suddenly the 💀👹💣💢💥💩 higher ups planned a slew of activities for November, and my department has no say nor choice but to get involved in. When I got wind of it earlier this week, I really wanted to explode, so very much!! My boss will still not be back full time, so this added activity for the whole month of November will have to be handled by me again. While the higher ups agreed to take away 1 portfolio away, which is the company newsletter, I will still get another new project starting mid-November. So in the end, the workload still evens up. It's just a %#*👹💣💢💥! job, but it certainly is draining the life out of me. The 👹👻👺💥💢 up there also asked our department to produce 2 video clips of the staff. This is something that is not easy as it is not something I do regularly. I'm more of a photographer than a video producer. Not only that, this video needs a corporate feel, not something to do out of hobby. While I have always welcomed challenges, I do think the conditions must be right for to me take them on in order to get a desirable outcome. All these nonsensical 💣💢💥 activities and the additional 👹💀 workload leave me absolutely pissed, and I still am right now even as I'm writing. Such injustice, such oppression! That's all I can think of right now. October has all been about rage, anger and pressure in the workplace.
That aside, I've decided to brush up on my SQL this month and I'm 2 hours into the 8 hour course. I've also decided to give a go at getting a Google Cloud Certified Associate certification. Till now, I've cleared (more like scraped by) 10 out of 18 chapters in the study guide. But I think I'll prioritize the SQL first since it's the easiest to clear.
I also finally brought my bicycle to a workshop to get my bike's front wheel checked. Some 2 weeks back, I found the wheel wobbling a lot. When I inspected the wheel, I noticed a spoke had come loose. After slightly more than a week the wheel was fixed nicely and my bike felt good during a short ride to Keppel Marina East Desalination plant .
 |
| My Bike's Front Wheel Getting Checked - Galaxy Note 9 |
 |
| Sunset in Keppel Marina East Desalination Plant - Galaxy Note 9 |
I also dropped by The Daily Scoop in Holland Village just last week to kill time while waiting for Lincoln attending his extra English class in Pandan. The missus and Lindsay went along and we enjoyed some great ice cream waffle and coffee.
 |
| Beautiful Deco Wall in The Daily Scoop - Galaxy Note 9 |
 |
| Ice Cream Waffle - Galaxy Note 9 |
 |
| Cappuccino - Galaxy Note 9 |
I also ordered some amazing Indonesian food from Ollella namely lemper, talam sago, their wonderful nasi lemak, lontong sayur and Bika Ambon. I definitely will order more from Ollella in the future.
 |
| Amazing Stuffs From Ollella - Galaxy Note 9 |
And oh, before that, the missus also asked to order some food from Kota88. It was OK I guess, only the bakmi really stood out for us. The rest of the dishes were just average.
And finally earlier this afternoon the missus and I dropped by probably the fanciest Tiong Bahru Cafe outlet at Minden Road called Tiong Bahru Bakery Safari. We loved the ambiance and the atmosphere. But it was the restaurant behind the bakery that attracted our attention: Open Farm Community. I should try dining there one day.
 |
| Felt Like Glamping - Galaxy Note 9 |
 |
| Kouign Amann, Passionfruit Tart & Bluebell Latte - Galaxy Note 9 |
 |
| Time to Go Home - Galaxy Note 9 |
Here's a closing shot for this 👹👻💀💢💣💥 entry:
 |
| Let's Call It a Day - Galaxy Note 9 |
~ Photos taken with Samsung Galaxy Note 9 ~
No comments:
Post a Comment