Monday, March 29, 2021

Meandering March

This March has felt like an eternity.  I felt like I have done so much and yet I still can't see the finish line.  There were days when I woke up feeling just like the picture below.   

No Matter What I Felt Inside, I Had to Put On a Fake Smile

The picture above is a screenshot from my Instagram feed which I felt strongly related to this month... I didn't get the artist's name as it was reposted by another party, but... it really summed up my feelings very well at times.  

It has been a hectic month, studying, work, coaching Lincoln at home as he just couldn't get a grasp on his math.  To top that, I might have to go for a minor surgery in April which really bothers me...  This hasn't been a good month... There were times when I felt like I just didn't want to wake up.

On a much brighter note, this month I passed 2 Microsoft Azure Certification exams for which I spent quite a lot of time learning after work.  I spent the first 3 weeks of March preparing for my Microsoft Azure Fundamentals AZ-900 certification and sat for the exam on 19th March.  I passed the exam on my first attempt.  My score was quite decent at 820 points, just 120 points above the passing mark.  Right after the exam, as it was the last day of the kids' term break, we went for lunch at Arbora Mount Faber followed by a cable car ride.  

Welcome to Arbora - Galaxy Note 9

We really enjoyed the great view from Arbora, overlooking Sentosa Island as we feasted on our lunch.

Great View From Here - Galaxy Note 9

After lunch, we just roamed around to check on a "Bell of Happiness" which seem to be a favourite with the guests. 

Who Wants to be Happy? - Galaxy Note 9

Next time we come here, we must certainly remember to make a reservation.  We were lucky to get a seat considering it was a Friday of the children's school term break.

From Arbora we made our way to Vivo City from where we took a monorail ride to Sentosa's Merlion station and bought our cable car tickets. The kids were quite excited as it was their first cable car ride.  For I and the missus, it was our 2nd ride after about 15 years or so.  

Linc & Lind Looking Down - Galaxy Note 9

It was a relaxing scenic ride despite the slightly hot weather, the marvelous view more than made up for the little sweat breaks along the ride.

An Amazing View of PSA - Galaxy Note 9

After we finished our ride, we returned to Vivo City and made our way to Tuk Tuk Cha in Harbourfront to enjoy some cooling desserts.  

Cooling Mango Shibuya Toast From Tuk Tuk Cha That Doesn't Cost a Bomb - Galaxy Note 9

And that was the end of our term break activity with the kids.

In the earlier weeks I spent some time walking towards Roberston Quay from Alexandra Canal Linear Park with the missus for some slow explorations.  It was quite fun to slow down and smell the flowers along the way instead of the usual fast paced cycling.  

A Plaque Outside The Warehouse Hotel Outlining The History of The Building - Galaxy Note 9

Another Plaque on Clemenceau Bridge on Clemenceau Avenue - Galaxy Note 9

Indie Movies Listing in Singapore Repertory Theatre - Galaxy Note 9

Some weeks after that we walked to Botanic Gardens from home for a change of scenery.  

Entering The Botanic Gardens - Galaxy Note 9

After making our way past the gates we were immediately rewarded with a sight of the Swan Lake where I came close to this large monitor lizard swimming around. 

Swan Lake Near Entrance - Galaxy Note 9
Lizard Just Swimming Around - Galaxy Note 9

We made our way further in to the iconic pavilion that has become somewhat a trademark of the lush verdant garden.  

The Botanic Gardens Pavilion - Galaxy Note 9

And from there we slowly made our way out as we enjoyed the beautiful sceneries in the garden.  We even saw a group of people preparing a set for someone proposing marriage to his girlfriend.  So romantic.

A Bronze Statue Commissioned by David Marshall - Galaxy Note 9

A Scenic Walkway Popular With Lovey Dovey Couples - Galaxy Note 9

Towards the end of the month, I sat for my Microsoft Certified Azure AI Fundamentals exam.  I spent 8 days preparing for this exam and scored 927 points, 227 points above the passing mark on my first attempt.  

I really couldn't be happier to get 2 Microsoft certifications in a month.  My career has reached a dead-end and I urgently need to re-invent myself.  Hence, obtaining these certifications could possibly open some new pathways.  I'm really hopeful that something good will happen.  I still have 1 more certification to get which is the Azure Data Fundamentals.  This exam is harder than the AI, but easier than the Azure Fundamentals.  As of now I have finished about 77% of the course materials.  I still need some time to get to 100% and at least 2 more rounds of studying before I'm ready for the exam.  I'm planning to get this one in Mid-April somehow.  Anyway, with 2 certification badges under the belt after the first tries, I'm feeling quite confident to take on the 3rd exam.

Beautiful Sight Always in Alexandra Linear Canal Park - Galaxy Note 9

Also in Alexandra Linear Canal Park - Galaxy Note 9

Lastly, the end of March has brought about some beautiful sightings of trumpet flowers blooming all around the island.  The delicate and ubiquitous flowers painted the landscape an ephemeral blushing pink which made for such a wonderful sight despite this long and tiring month.  

Here's a closing shot for this meandering entry: 

A Beautiful Pink Trumpet Flower Tree Along Alexandra Linear Canal Park - Galaxy Note 9

~ Photos Taken With Samsung Galaxy Note 9 ~

No comments:

Post a Comment