I've used "Just" last year. Somehow I've ran out of vocabularies by now. My bread baking spree continued into July with a renewed frenzy. In all I baked 6 loaves over a span of 3 weeks.
 |
| Challah + Ovomaltime = 😋 - Galaxy Note 9 |
I continued baking challah bread and even tried baking a brioche loaf. The brioche loaf was amazingly soft, fragrant and so rich.
 |
| Scrumptuous Brioche Loaf - Galaxy Note 9 |
I also bought a second loaf pan and started baking 2 loaves at one go. This time I managed to bake chocolate loaves. Aside from using chocolate rice for the chocolate flavour and colour, I reduced the sugar content in the dough mix and added more fat in the form of grated cheddar cheese. The dough took longer to rise, almost 2 hours on the 2nd proof. And I think I won't be baking chocolate loaves for a while now till I can find a good recipe, because somehow the chocolate flavour was just not strong enough. Some tinkering still needed.
 |
| Double Chocolate Loaves - Galaxy Note 9 |
 |
| All Sliced Up - Galaxy Note 9 |
 |
| Lindsay Enjoying a Freshly Baked Challah + Ovomaltine - Galaxy Note 9 |
Towards the last week of the month, I thought the kids would get bored of bread so I switched to baking gula melaka pandan chiffon cake. It was another satisfying bake.
 |
| Healthy Less Sweet Pandan Gula Melaka Chiffon Cake - Galaxy Note 9 |
On the work front, I've been transferred to the IT Department and promoted to the position of manager. It was a nice development for which I'm truly grateful for to my bosses, although I must confess that it still hasn't quelled my desire for a change of environment. I also had my 2nd interview with another Japanese company, unfortunately things didn't come through as I didn't like the job scope & functions.
 |
| My Sincerest Thanks to Hashizume-san For His Kind Gesture - Galaxy Note 9 |
In the early weeks, the missus and I just did our usual things such as our weekend walks. One of our walks this month was to Clarke Quay.
 |
| Might Make a Better Photo During Blue Hour - Galaxy Note 9 |
 |
| Cloudy Clarke Quay - Galaxy Note 9 |
 |
| Another Bridge Plaque - Galaxy Note 9 |
I had another walk with the missus at the last week of the month, this time we walked all the way to Asian Civilisation Museum and logged 11 Km in total. I took quite a lot of great photos along the walk.
 |
| Hello There Sir Stamford Raffles - Galaxy Note 9 |
 |
| Great Looking Skyline of Raffles Place - Galaxy Note 9 |
 |
| A Rare Wefie With The Missus Outside ACM - Galaxy Note 9 |
 |
| Interesting Plaque on Cavenagh Bridge - Galaxy Note 9 |
 |
| An Uncharacteristically Empty Boat Quay - Galaxy Note 9 |
 |
| A "sian" Looking Merlion Under Pulau Saigon Bridge - Galaxy Note 9 |
 |
| Another Take of The Warehouse Hotel - Galaxy Note 9 |
Lindsay and I also visited Creamier at Gillman Barracks near where my old school was. It was a much welcome refreshing change from the usual Tiong Bahru enclave.
 |
| Strangely, Lindsay Did Not Like The Waffle - Galaxy Note 9 |
 |
| Tucked in a Lush Setting - Galaxy Note 9 |
 |
| Interesting Birdie Outside Creamier - Galaxy Note 9 |
Just before the government declared a return to Phase 2 HA at the end of the month, we managed to squeeze in a dinner at Osia Sentosa 2 days before the dine-in ban restrictions kicked in.
 |
| Bread With Ham, Amazing Appetizer - Galaxy Note 9 |
We didn't sit together on that dinner as the whole family was not fully vaccinated, so we were seated in groups of 2 with no intermingling between tables.
 |
| Outside Lego Shop in Sentosa - Galaxy Note 9 |
I also managed to bring my 2nd Covid vaccination jab earlier by 2 weeks, which was last Friday. This time around, I didn't get the sore injection site complaint, but I was sleepy again. And perhaps hungry too since I snacked a lot. I was really craving sweets and carbs.
 |
| Waiting Out My Observation Period - Galaxy Note 9 |
After my vaccination at Bukit Merah Polyclinic, I just took a walk home via Redhill Close passing by Redhill market to pick up some Nonya Chendol on the way home. It was quite a refreshing change of scenery.
 |
| Beautiful Sunny Sky - Galaxy Note 9 |
 |
| Leaving Redhill Market - Galaxy Note 9 |
3 days after the jab, I did a light exercise on my static bike which I immediately regretted. I ended the exercise feeling faint with a light headache, almost like I was going to pass out. My health tracker indicated that my heart rate was significantly higher than usual by about 20 beats per minute on average. It's definitely in our best interest to heed the advisory to avoid exercising for the first 1 week after the jab.
Still on Covid, there has been a total of 5 confirmed cases in the kids' school, spread over a period of 8 weeks. The last 2 cases are causing me some uneasiness. A P1 girl who is a confirmed case goes to and fro on the same school bus as Linc's 3 classmates. The classmates are now under quarantine, attending lessons from their SHN facility. And the last confirmed one yesterday, is a P5 boy whom Linc knows, but from a different class. The whole class including the teachers are now under quarantine.... I sincerely hope all those students and teachers will get well soon and for things to return to normal in the shortest time possible.
 |
| One of Those Nights, Fetching Lincoln From Tuition - Galaxy Note 9 |
July is ending very soon and 7 months would have passed by in what felt like a mere blink of an eye. I hope the coming months will be friendlier and uneventful, with a very welcome chance for a change.
Here's a closing shot for this month's entry:
 |
| An Amazingly Beautiful July Sunset - RX100 Mk3 |
~ Photos Taken With Samsung Galaxy Note 9 & Sony RX100 Mk3 ~
No comments:
Post a Comment