August started in the worst way possible - 外公 departed in the early hours of 1st August. I still can't accept that he's the first family member to succumb to Covid-19. It pains me so much that I can't bid him a proper farewell and how there are still so many things I wish to do with him. Mom is taking it quite hard, but I believe she will pull through somehow. Sometime in mid-September next month, mom will return to Palembang again for the 49th day prayers. I've been having mixed feelings and emotions of sorts throughout this month.
Tiong Bahru Back Alley - Galaxy Note 9
This month I've walked a lot, logged at least 10 km each time from home to Asian Civilisations Museum. Here are some photos from my walks.
Into Alexandra Linear Canal Park - Galaxy Note 9
Towards Zion Road - Galaxy Note 9
At Robertson Quay - Galaxy Note 9
At Clarke Quay - Galaxy Note 9
Ord Bridge in Clarke Quay - Galaxy Note 9
Going Back Home - Galaxy Note 9
Outside Central Mall to ACM - Galaxy Note 9
Eu Tong Sen Street Underpass - Galaxy Note 9
Outside Parliament of Singapore - Galaxy Note 9
Outside ACM - Galaxy Note 9
Looking at Fullerton Hotel - Galaxy Note 9
Otters Resting Outside Jiak Kim Bridge - Galaxy Note 9
I even made a short video of my close encounters with those otters. It was amazing to have gotten so close to them.
I also took photos of the murals under Pulau Saigon Bridge and made 2 composites of the murals to get the full story the murals are trying to convey.
The First Four - Galaxy Note 9
The Second Four - Galaxy Note 9
Work took up quite a bit of my time too as I was doing testing and arranged fixes with the vendor. There were some messages from prospective employers that were quite encouraging, but I dare not keep my hopes high for fear of disappointment.
National Day Installment in Bukit Purmei - Galaxy Note 9
After some social distancing restrictions have been lifted up, we also went to Flipper in Takashimaya for the very first time. After having tasted the pancakes I finally understood why the queue is always so long there. The pancakes taste fantastic indeed, even better than Gram's.
Original With Fruits - Galaxy Note 9
With Hazelnut & Chocolate Cream - Galaxy Note 9
Starting tomorrow I will be returning to office 2 days a week on alternate weeks. Seems like some degree of normalcy will return although we have seen a rising number of cases in the past few days which worries me. I really think that the Multi Ministry Task Force handling Covid-19 has been overly confident. The high vaccination rate alone does not justify opening up this much, since children under 12 years old cannot be vaccinated yet. I just hope that everything will be alright till the kids get their vaccines.
Finally Visited Redhill Market Again - Galaxy Note 9
The end of August has been very wet due to the relentless rain, and the cool weather has been a very welcome change.
Just Another Wet Day - Galaxy Note 9
I hope September will bring about more favourable changes and just be a kinder, gentler month. Here's a closing shot for this short entry:
No comments:
Post a Comment