A doozy December it has been. 1 month into probation at work, a short and much welcomed break and the year is ending. My 2nd Dan certificate arrived early this month, I still can't decide whether to laminate or frame it, along with my 1st Dan certificate. I also decided to get just a K10 jacket, to replace the one I'm using now. As I mentioned before, I loved my new KC10 so much I couldn't bear to wear it just yet, I'm keeping it for grading and perhaps other things, but I won't be wearing that for regular training. By the way, Tan Sensei also taught me the Shitoryu kata Seienchin. I had always wanted to learn this kata ever since I saw Antonio Diaz & Rika Usami's performance. Now I just have to slowly learn and master it. I have also developed an interest in Suparimpei and slowly learning it. At the same time, I'm practicing my Nijushiho, Meikyo and Sochin again. I haven't done them in such a long time, my movements are not as fluid as they used to be, and I plan to use one of them for my 3rd Dan grading.
 |
| 2nd Dan Gear - Galaxy Note 9 |
And I also went to office for the very first time, found out what its like working in a co-working space in Raffles Place, got acquainted with my desk and soaked in the CBD atmosphere.
 |
| So This Is What Co-working Space Looks Like - Galaxy Note 9 |
 |
| The View Outside - Galaxy Note 9 |
My tasks were easy, fix an offline webcam for web conference and delete an Apple ID from a MacBook. I also had a Starbucks coffee, after such a long time.
 |
| Work - Galaxy NOte 9 |
Mid-month, we went for a staycation in Shangri-la. It was awesome. I really enjoyed the short break. And the kids enjoyed a variety of activities that kept them occupied for the whole 3 days and 2 nights.
 |
| Wish I Could Have Stayed Longer - A7R3 + FE20mm F1.8G |
 |
| Nice Big Room - A7RMk3 + FE20mm F1.8G |
I didn't realize I needed a break so bad, I wished I had 1 more night of the staycation. We had a sumptous buffet dinner at The Line on our first night. It was the first buffet we had in almost 2 years.
 |
| One of Our Many Treats - RX100 Mk3 |
After our staycation, we also went to Ollella Cluny Court to pick up some Swish Rolls. Then we went to deliver 2 of them to my friend Botak Boss and Linc's tuition teacher.
 |
| Cozy Shop at Cluny Court - Galaxy Note 9 |
On the following week, I went for my COVID-19 booster shot. This time I went with Moderna. The 0.25 ml dose was enough to keep me knocked out for the next 2 days as I got a light fever and a sore back & shoulders. I heeded the warning to refrain from exercising for 14 days too.
 |
| Queuing in Radin Mas CC - Galaxy Note 9 |
 |
| Observation Time - Galaxy Note 9 |
I also reconnected with an ex-colleague from JB who was abruptly dismissed from "K" Line back then. I'm very happy for him that he has managed to find a job which he's passionate about. I understand that it had been a roller coaster ride for him when he was dismissed from "K" Line which was mostly downhill in recent years. And I was also saddened to learn that his mother had passed away in early November. When I caught up with him, he was 1 week into the new job in Singapore. I hope he'll find new success in this endeavour and turn around things in his life.
 |
| Just Another Cloud Day - Galaxy Note 9 |
On the 3rd week, the company held a virtual group activity where I made my first terrarium. It was an enjoyable 45 minutes activity. Never had this kind of activity back in "K" Line then.
 |
| I Have Fast Hands - Galaxy A52s |
 |
| My Handiwork - Galaxy A52s |
I also went to Samsung Service Centre in Vivocity to have my Note 9's battery changed. It was draining too fast too my liking so I thought I should it was due for a change since I'm planning to use it longer still. That's why I ended up with a Galaxy A52s. I figured that I need a backup phone that performs above average and A52s fits the bill. I don't think the Note 9 will be worth fixing again in the future as it is already out of warranty and the spare part prices are equivalent to a new phone's price.
 |
| Backup A52s; Lindsay Chose That Casing Design - Galaxy Note 9 |
I've just visited the dentist on Monday and unfortunately they referred me to a specialist whom I will go to next month. I also went all the way to Ubi to get a replacement toilet seat cover for the kids' bathroom and today I returned to office again to fix 2 laptops. It pays to be handy for sure.
 |
| Brekkie Before Reporting In - Galaxy Note 9 |
 |
| I Can't Believe I'm Fixing Laptops Now - Galaxy Note 9 |
Yesterday evening I also caught up with my old friend from "K" Line Korea. Its good to know that he's been keeping well despite the record number of cases in Korea. I'm very lucky to have a friend who is as caring as he is.
I've also arranged dinner with my sister on New Year's Eve and planning to go to 莲山双林寺 again, but I still don't know when.
 |
| Our New Year's Eve Dinner From Keng Eng Kee - Galaxy Note 9 |
What a busy (in an ejoyable way) month this has been....
~ Photos Taken With Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy A52s, RX100 Mk3, A7R3+FE20mm F1.8G~
No comments:
Post a Comment