Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Shangri-La Staycation 2021

In mid-December, we went on a 3 days 2 nights staycation at Shangri-La Orchard.  It was an amazing staycation that brought about a much welcome break for everyone.  The kids had been cooped up in the house for most of their holidays while the missus and I had been buried at work for quite sometime, especially for myself as I was heavily involved in my previous company's e-Claims systems launch.  

Waiting For Our Room at The Lobby - RX100 Mk3

I had done the mobile check-in prior to arrival, but we were still made to wait for an hour to get into our room.  I understand that the hotel was quite packed so the missus and I waited patiently although Lindsay was getting somewhat cranky. While waiting, I made bookings for all of our activities including the kids' play times at Buds and Splash as well as our breakfast time slots, picnic and dinners.  Our activity calendar was immediately packed with various activities.  

Day 2 Looks Jam-Packed - Galaxy Note 9

And after slightly more than an hour of waiting, we finally got into our room.  As soon as we got into our room, Lindsay's crankiness turned to joyful excitement.  She was delighted at the cute tent set up at the corner of the room and how the sofa bed looked so cozy.  

Changed to a More Comfy Dress - A7R3+FE20mm F1.8G

Went Right Under The Tent For ACNH - A7R3+FE20mm 1.8G

At that time we were just waiting for the kids' play time at Splash.  I'm extremely amazed at how much effort Shangri-La put in ensuring the kids have a good time, they have pyjama-blankets for Splash, rubber slippers, kiddie toiletries and even mascot dolls.  Shangri-La is without a doubt, the most family friendly establishment I have ever stayed in.

Ready For Splash! - A7R3 + FE20mm F1.8 G

At Splash, Lincoln definitely had a good time while Lindsay was somewhat trying.  She's a mosquito magnet and constantly ended up with mosquito bites despite us having sprayed her with bug repellent.  I guess all that water washed out the bug repellent after all. 

Not So Packed Due to Safe Management Measures, Which Is Good - A7R3+FE20mm F1.8G

We finished playing at Splash quite late, returned to our room to bathe and went for dinner at The Line. We really had a good time at The Line, it was our first buffet outing for 2021 I think.  Service was rather slow, as it was an ala carte service.  

Wonderful Spread - RX100 Mk3

Just Good, Not Amazing But Good - RX100 Mk3

Nevertheless, we had a wonderful dinner and the kids settled in nicely for bed afterwards.  

They Really Loved That Sofa Bed - A7R3 + FE20mm F1.8G

On the 2nd day, after breakfast at The Line, we had play time at Buds scheduled.  

A Hungry Lindsay Already Munching on The Pastries - RX100 Mk3
These Squirrels Are Ready to Play - RX100Mk3

They Really Loved That Outdoor Day Bed; So Was I - RX100Mk3

Buds was awesome, I think it would have been more amazing had there not been any Covid.  While waiting for the kids to check-in at Buds, I noticed a boy who had just completed a treasure hunt challenge and was promptly rewarded with a free scoop of ice cream from The Line.  I couldn't help but marvel at the little details Shangri-La put into entertaining our little ones.

Waiting - RX100 Mk3

The Famous Buds Music Room - RX100 Mk3

The Art Jam Room - Galaxy Note 9

Lindsay Getting Ready For Art Jam - Galaxy Note 9

Music Room Neon Lights - Galaxy Note 9

The Missus Won't Skip a Photo Op There - iPhone 13

In any case, Linc & Lind had a wonderful time at Buds and we could only lament at how fast 1 hour zipped by.  Luckily we had scheduled another session on day 3 after breakfast.

From Buds, we explored the resort for more interesting photo spots. 

The Missus and Lind at Level 2 Lounge - A7R3 + FE20mm F1.8G

Level 2 View of The Lobby - A7R3 + FE20mm F1.8G

The best photo spot must be the cocoon like structure near the Tower wing.  We took plenty of photos there at the missus' behest as she thinks we won't be coming back here for some time to come.

Outside View of The Cocoon - A7R3 + FE20mm F1.8G

I Can Only Imagine How Romantic a Dinner Here Would Be - A7R3+FE20mm F1.8G

2Ls & The Missus - A7R3 + FE20mm F1.8G

After our short exploration and photo taking session, we returned to our room where we promptly received our picnic basket, hand delivered to our room.  

Nice Spread, I Bought The Coffee Myself From "Shophouse" - RX100Mk3

It May Be Indoors, But She Sure Enjoyed It - RX100Mk3

It was such a pity that there was a short rain that had made the grounds at our backyard wet.  We had planned to have our picnic outside in the backyard.  Unfortunately, the weather made us change our dream plan.  Nevertheless, it was an enjoyable indoor picnic.  Luckily our room was big enough for us to have our picnic right outside the kiddie tent.  After a while, the missus insisted to take a photo outside, and so we ended up with this photo to remember our "picnic" with.  

Tried Very Hard to Get That Picnic Feel - RX100Mk3
Me Just Under The Tent - A7R3+FE20mm F1.8G

After that short picnic, the kids returned to Splash, followed by a short session at the swimming pool.  And then they finally returned to the room to bathe and then we went for dinner at Waterfall Ristorante.  

Me & Linc - RX100Mk3

Food's Here, Let's Eat! - RX100Mk3

The food at Waterfall Ristorante was just plain amazing.  I had like the best pasta I've ever had in ages, and the dessert sampler served the most amazing pannacotta, profiteroles and tiramisu.  

The Kids' Favourite Margerita Pizza - RX100Mk3

Tagliatelle With Foei Gras - RX100Mk3

Beef Steak For The Missus - RX100Mk3

Amazing Dessert Sampler - RX100Ml3

The food in Waterfall was way better than The Line in my opinion.  I wish I had gone to Waterfall on both nights instead of The Line on the first.  After dinner, we just took some last photos of our short stay there.  

I Can See They Had a Really Good Time - RX100Mk3

On our last day, we reluctantly checked out.  Unfortunately I didn't have any leave balance anymore so we could only stay for 2 nights....  As soon as we arrived at home, I already had to attend a 5 o'clock web conference..  well....  hopefully we'll have another staycation soon.  

Here's a closing shot for this entry: 

Bye Bye Shangri-La - A7R3+FE20mm F1.8G

~ Photos Taken With Sony RX100 Mk3, A7RMk3 + FE20mm F1.8 G, iPhone13~

No comments:

Post a Comment