Friday, April 29, 2022

Arduous April

What a crazy month April has been.  Sometimes I'm under the impression that my manager thinks I'm very free from the way he kept on throwing work my way.  What broke the straw for me was when during our bi-weekly 1-on-1 he mentioned how I hadn't touched on the Process part of my job scope.  That was when I snapped within, to the point that I showed him my daily activity records to make a point that I have certainly not been slacking.  And earlier today when I took stock of my tasks, I realized that I have 11 ongoing tasks on hand.  I really feel that whatever was described to me during the interview are not materializing and it really is time for me to move on, even if I have to forgo the sign-on bonus.  I really couldn't care about the money anymore.  Ever since the announcement that 100% of the workforce can return to office, I've been returning 3 days a week and even left office after 7 despite starting at 9 this week. 

One of Those Days in Office - Galaxy Note 9

In any case I really think it is time to join the throngs of people leaving Klook.  Its amazing to realize that I have handled 16 leavers' computer resets since December till now.  And next month I'll be resetting 5.  Klook really burns people out like cheap matchsticks.  

Down Raffles Place - Galaxy Note 9

Rainy Day....  - Galaxy Note 9

This month started with a desire to break from our usual routines of walking to the Esplanade on our Saturdays, so the missus and I went to Hortpark to start the month. 

Silver Coloured Plants, Interesting! - Galaxy Note 9

Nice Weather and Beautiful Skies - Galaxy Note 9

Close up of an Orchid - Galaxy Note 9

One of The Nurseries in Hortpark - Galaxy Note 9

Going Back - Galaxy Note 9

From Hortpark we walked all the way to Kent Ridge Park.

Beautiful Boardwalk - Galaxy Note 9

Let's Go Up - Galaxy Note 9

Looking at PSA - Galaxy Note 9

Interesting Looking Ant That Got Close - Galaxy Note 9

Whenever I look at PSA I can't help but feel very nostalgic.  But yet, I don't want to return to that shipping life.  12 years of shipping with 2 crises are enough.  And the industry has been slow to embrace digitalisation & modernisation.  Perhaps now with the Russian - Ukraine war pushing the price of fuel through the roof, my previous employers would strongly consider fuel saving technologies and fossil fuel alternatives seriously.  But well, it is a life I have no interest to repeat.  

I Really Love This View - Galaxy Note 9

I also got Linc some 铁拳小子 comics to help him with his Chinese.  I ended up reading thru all of them to relive my childhood and caught up from where I left off.

3 Sagas - Galaxy Note 9

When Chinmi Finally Mastered 通背拳 - Galaxy Note 9

For our next weekend walk, the missus and I went to Labrador Nature Reserve for a change of scenery.  It was a great walk by the sea which brought about a much needed change of scenery.

Entering The Nature Reserve - Galaxy Note 9

Gunners of Labrador - Galaxy Note 9

PSA Pasir Panjang - Galaxy Note 9

Going Down The Jetty - Galaxy Note 9

Beautiful View - Galaxy Note 9

Berlayer Light House - Galaxy Note 9

Reflections by The Bay - Galaxy Note 9

I also went to renew my passport this month with the missus, on the way back home I stopped by Nassim Hill Bakery with the missus and then went on to Apple Store to pick up a repaired office laptop, even though I was technically on leave.  That was just one of the many trips to Apple Store that I have made so far.  The passport application itself was not without any hiccups, the embassy missed to include my passport when they sent our new passports back.  Fortunately the missus took the trouble to contact the embassy as I had been very busy at work to handle the matter. 

A Hearty Shaksuka Meal - Galaxy Note 9

We also made a walking trip to the Botanic Gardens with the kids to ensure they get their healthy dose of outdoors exposures.  It was a nice walk.  

A Faint Artificial Rainbow - Galaxy Note 9

A Landmark Inside The Gardens - Galaxy Note 9

In Indonesia We Call This Soka Flowers - Galaxy Note 9

The Outdoor Stage in Botanic Gardens - Galaxy Note 9

And today I've just finished another long day again (despite today being an early release day) and I look forward to the long weekend till Tuesday.  

7:20 p.m. in Raffles Place - Galaxy Note 9

I really hope my job search will yield results quickly.  I don't think I can stand the pressure working in Klook any longer.  I can only pray and hope.

Here's a closing shot for this month's entry: 

Beautiful Sunrise This Morning - Galaxy Note 9

~ Photos Taken With Samsung Galaxy Note 9 ~

No comments:

Post a Comment