Monday, May 30, 2022

Manic May

I've used "Manic" before in one of my entries back in 2020.  Now is about a good time as any to use it again.  May has been an emotional roller coaster and a very loathsome month where work is concerned.  Well..  I'll get to that...   

One of Those Beautiful Sunrises - Galaxy Note 9

We started May with a good hike at Fort Canning Park on the Labour Day long weekend.  I enjoyed the change of scenery and nice views from the hills overlooking Clarke Quay. 

Cannons in The City
Cannons in The City - Galaxy Note 9

Sunny Day Walk On The Hills - Galaxy Note 9

One of The Last Lighthouses in Singapore - Galaxy Note 9

Garden on The Hill - Galaxy Note 9

Unfortunately Linc and the missus didn't seem to enjoy it, so we changed course and went to HortPark from where we explored the Southern Ridges and made our way to Telok Blangah Hill Park.  The Southern Ridges track was charming too, once we reached the top of Telok Blangah Hill Park the view was just as exhilarating.  

Starting Our Trek - RX100 Mk3

Along The Southern Ridges - RX100 Mk3

Lovely View From The Top Always - RX100 Mk3

Time to Head Home - RX100 Mk3

And on one of the weekends, the missus and I just went on our usual route from Alexandra Linear Canal Park to The Fullerton.  

The Grand Fullerton as Always - Galaxy Note 9

I Hadn't Noticed These "cats" Before - Galaxy Note 9

Lovely Robertson Quay - Galaxy Note 9

May is also the month we celebrate Vesak.  This year I went vegetarian for 7 days to celebrate Vesak.  And on the day itself, Linc & I went to The Buddha Tooth Relic Temple to attend the ceremony. 

Sabbe Satta Bhavantu Sukhitata - Galaxy Note 9

Well...  moving on to the "manic" things.... work was terrible...  

This month I have been focusing on completing the device management upgrade of the MacBooks in office.  I have 69 units to migrate, and I have so far migrated 52, all by myself.  At the same time, this is also the month I have to start negotiating a contract renewal, prepare materials for a SaaS solution phase-out, getting familiarised with the new solution, choosing topics related to Process & Control for the company's Udemy Business learning solution; all these on top of my usual D2D activities.  

There was an unpleasant episode where my supervising manager made unprofessional remarks that really irked me as it came across as a personal attack on my character.  To top it off, during the team meeting on the following day he was speaking completely in Mandarin.  Although I could understand what he said, it certainly required more effort from me to keep up with the conversation.  I was very pissed off at how he was shutting me out..  on one hand I was focusing on a project delivery single-handedly, on the other I had to contend with such unprofessional behaviour from a "leader".  It has certainly been a very stressfull month at work.  I also took the time to recap my ongoing tasks/functions, and I couldn't be more surprised when I saw I have 12 concurrent projects/tasks.

On the other front, I got an interview with Amazon Web Services for the position of Program Manager.  I prepared really hard for that interview and I was extremely dejected when I didn't pass the subsequent interviews.  I also had another call from a shipping company, and just imagine my disappointment when that didn't come through either.  I've been so desparate to escape Klook that I'm willing to forgo my sign-on bonus and even pay compensation in-lieu of my notice period.  And yet, I'm still stuck here.  

I've never been in such a predicament before.  I couldn't stay in "K" Line for sure, the career path was no longer there and the salary was very low.  If I hadn't moved, I don't know how I'd weather this year with all the rising costs of living.  But here in Klook, life is such a living hell too.  No work-life balance, I definitely lost my health, both physically and mentally, and I really hate doing the low value tasks that swarms me almost everyday.  I really need to escape..

I've spent a lot of time going to pray in nearby 粤海清 temple and 连山双林寺.  This is a month where I needed a lot of strength.  I really, really can't help but want to leave Klook already.  I can't help but only pray very hard that I will get this wish granted soon.... 

I Just Have 1 Wish.. Please Let It Come True Soon - Galaxy Note 9

June is just around the corner.  I really hope my fortunes will change for the better in June.  Here's a closing shot for this entry: 

I Yearn For Those Idyllic Days Again - Galaxy Note 9

~ Photos Taken With Samsung Galaxy Note 9; Sony RX100 Mk3 ~

No comments:

Post a Comment