Thursday, June 30, 2022

Jiggly June

Hello June, it's been a rough ride isn't it?  Things have been changing from one end of the spectrum to the other so diversely, hence...  "jigly". 

I've been doing a lot of praying as of late, I really hope that something good will come out.  Whenever I go to office, I never fail to go to Yueh Hai Ching temple which is just nearby to pray for good luck in my job search.  

Yueh Hai Ching Temple's Facade - Galaxy Note 9

Early in June, we made a trip to Marina Bay Sands with the intention to visit the Art Science Museum.  As I was extremely tied up with work, I let the missus arrange the trip.  However, she did not book the ticket in advance, and when we arrived on the day of the trip, all slots were sold out.  Having paid $12 for parking, we decided to stay around till evening to catch the iLight festival.  

Grand as Always - Galaxy Note 9

Overlooking The Skyscrapers - RX100 Mk3

While waiting we were treated with the National Day rehearsal and we got to see the Apaches, Chinooks and the jet planes flew by Marina Bay floating platform.  It was a very fortunate coincidence.  

Chinooks Flying By - RX100 Mk3

As the sun set, the sky turned purple, accompanied with a light drizzle that made for a charming sight by the river. 

Finally Snapped a Photo of That Store - RX100 Mk3

Skyscrapers Under The Purple Sky - RX100 Mk3

Colourful Waterfront - RX100 Mk3

Nearer to Shore - RX100 Mk3

From Another Angle - RX100 Mk3

The iLight festival was a bit underwhelming, but at least we can cross it off our bucket list.  

A Confusing Installation - RX100 Mk3

I Thought This Looked Messy - RX100 Mk3

Firefly Installation - RX100 Mk3

More Fireflies - RX100 Mk3

Gotta Pay to Go There - RX100 Mk3

This month, there were 2 birthdays to celebrate, the missus' and Linc's.  To celebrate the missus' birthday, we went for dinner at OSO Ristorante in Oasia Hotel.  

Inside OSO - Galaxy Note 9

Dinner was soon followed with a trip to an ice cream parlour called "5 The Moments".  I still prefer Creamier and Geometry over 5 The Moments, so I don't think I'll come back.

Vintage Decor Outside The Cafe - Galaxy Note 9

As we walked back to the car, I can't help but look at the charming nightscape.  Gosh, I really miss Tanjong Pagar...  

Love The Shophouses There - Galaxy Note 9

The kids and I also binge watched Aggretsuko, now I understand why the series could go into the 4th season in Netflix.  I hope the 5th one will come out soon.  

Retsuko And Her Besties - Galaxy Note 9

Work still sucks, that's a given.  From device management system migration, I switched gear to process review and creation.  It doesn't help that all I want to do every morning is just to go back to bed.  

Setting Up a Brand New MacBook Pro - Galaxy Note 9

We also hosted the missus' bestie who visited Singapore with her family in tow.  On the 2nd meetup, we went to Arbora in Mount Faber again.  

Looking at Harbourfront - Galaxy Note 9

Beautiful Skies - Galaxy Note 9

Sunset was spectacular as always as seen from Arbora.  I think it is time for me to get a new handphone...  My Note 9's camera has certainly become outdated...  

After the meetup at Arbora we finally celebrated the missus' birthday at home as a family.

2 Cakes and a Flower - Galaxy Note 9

On the Friday of the children's school holiday, we went to Night Safari to let the kids have a go at their first night safari trip.  It was quite a fun trip, although I kind of wished we could have more time to explore all 4 trails. 

A Cute Water Cat - A7R3 + FE20mm F1.8G

The last birthday of the month belongs to Lincoln.  We had a simple celebration at home with a cake from Chez Yamashita and a homey steamboat.   My father even made a trip from Bintan to celebrate Linc's birthday.  That boy is really loved and blessed.  I just hope he will change his attitude. 

A Simple Celebration at Home - A7R3 + FE20mm F1.8G

On the job search front, I had 1 interview this month and got another one fixed on 1st July.  Both are shipping companies.  The company that I thought had lost interest in me finally called me for a 1st interview with the CIO and the HRBP.  The other company was quite straightforward with their interview process, right now I'm waiting to see if I'll get called for a 2nd interview with the director.    

I really can't wait for something to change on the career front.  It has been a very tough and mentally exhausting journey in Klook.

Here's a closing shot for this month's very late entry: 

Had Ramen Santouka in Central Mall - RX100 Mk3

~ Photos Taken With Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Sony RX100 Mk3, Sony A7R3 + FE20mm F1.8G ~

No comments:

Post a Comment