August has been a mixed bag, but more towards the positive side. It has been quite an amazing month on the job search front as I finally landed myself a new position in the maritime industry again. I am so relieved to finally going to leave Klook. But that job move came with a heavy price tag. I returned my sign-on bonus and bought out 1 month of my notice period too. It was such an expensive breakup. And leaving Klook also means I will have worked for 2 years with no bonus at all. It is such an expensive lesson.... I have a lot to say during the exit interview for sure... At least I think I will.
 |
| A Familiar Sight - Galaxy Note 9 |
I went for the interview on the 8th of August at 12 p.m., finished at slightly after 1 p.m. 3 hours later, I got a call that I got the job, but I had to compromise on the salary and the title. Well, it was definitely a better offer than working in Klook so I accepted on the spot. Now I'm preparing for my handover and tying up loose ends.
 |
| Discovered Another Mural - Galaxy Note 9 |
 |
| A Bigger View - Galaxy Note 9 |
 |
| Yes, That's in Tiong Bahru Too - Galaxy Note 9 |
I was enjoying a walk in Tiong Bahru market with Lindsay and the missus after having visiting Creamier earlier. The day couldn't have ended better.
The other unpleasant event (other than the loss of my cash...) was that my bicycle was stolen from my condo's bicycle parking bay - which I discovered the day after my job offer.
 |
| I Made Sure to Tag Linc's Bicycle Now - Galaxy Note 9 |
I can't help but be amazed by this.... A condo is supposed to be a private property and yet, strangers could come in and stole my bicycle. I'm really fed up with Ascentia Sky's security and management team. Anyway, I made a police report and they updated me that they are looking into it, although I don't have any confidence that I will get my bicycle back. This condo's management and security are really messed up.
Earlier in the day before I discovered the unfortunate event involving my bicycle, we visited Five Oars Coffee Roasters in Tanjong Pagar. I have always wanted to visit Five Oars since before Covid and finally did it this month.
 |
| Linc's Corned Beef With Poached Eggs -> Bleah... - Galaxy Note 9 |
 |
| Strawberry Pancakes -> Amazing - Galaxy Note 9 |
The visit was rather underwhelming. I don't like the communal seating space which lacks privacy and the serving portion that was rather small in my opinion. I also hated the poached eggs which were bland and cold when served. And the yolk was almost set which was very disappointing. In all, it was a so-so visit. I might come back again for the strawberry pancakes which was amazing.
I also made my usual temple trips, with the visit to nearby Lin Shan (麟山亭) temple becoming a regular happening now on every Saturday after I sent Lindsay to HCL.
 |
| Entrance to Prayer Hall - Galaxy Note 9 |
As I will be leaving Raffles Place soon, I took more opportunities to keep memories of Yeh Hai Ching temple's intricate decorations too.
 |
| I Really Have to Take More Photos of The Temple - Galaxy Note 9 |
My culinary adventures this month involved a trip all the way to Jurong to get some Surabaya style Siomay, which is such an amazing find here in Singapore, as well as the usual Friday night dinners at Ma Maison.
 |
| Amazing Siomay From Gracia's Kitchen - Galaxy Note 9 |
 |
| Sliced Pork in Ginger Sauce From Ma Maison - Galaxy Note 9 |
We also tried a burger joint at Valley Point called Phat Burger Bros. I really liked the fried chicken burger which I think was amazing. The missus had chili cheeseburger which she said was very good too. We will be dropping by Phat Burger Bros more often, definitely.
 |
| Burger Bounty at Phat Burger Bro - Galaxy Note 9 |
The month went on with the usual working blues, although I must admit I feel so much lighter now that I'll be leaving Klook.
 |
| Morning Commute on The Day Linc Went For His PSLE Orals - Galaxy Note 9 |
 |
| One of Those Days When I Needed Coffee in The Afternoon - Galaxy Note 9 |
I really can't wait to start at ONE soon. Two ex-colleagues knew I'm coming and they messaged me asking when will I start, I playfully refused to tell them as I want to catch them by surprise. Yes, it is such an amazing feeling to go to where your frieds are.
 |
| A Chance Encounter With The Zouk Otter Clan Again - Galaxy Note 9 |
Towards the end of the month we went on an impromptu staycation at Marina Bay Sands as my mom had gotten 2 complimentary nights' stay there. It was a welcome break for me and for Lincoln too who had just finished his prelims.
 |
| Glitzy Interior - Sony RX100 Mk3 |
 |
| The Amazing Rooftop Infinity Pool - RX100 Mk3 |
 |
| Looking at The Shoppes From The Room - RX100 Mk3 |
This month I also learned of an ex-colleague's passing. She used to report to me when I was working for my father in Bintan. I remember her clearly for the not so correct reasons. She had proposed for the Resort to purchase 2 marketing and CRM systems, which were apparently made by her husband, or at least the man who made her pregnant... Yes, she was heavily pregnant at that time. When I read her proposals, I noticed that it was a sloppy copy and paste job where she had used 1 template and just changed the system names, features and functions. So naturally, I rejected the proposals. But having said that, I must say that I respect her a lot, for her determination and fighting spirit, and for trying to be a responsible mother. Eventually she left Agro for Jakarta, got divorced and became a single mother and a career woman. I learned that she had died 2 years ago due to a heart problem. My heart really goes out to her son, and I hope she will find peace and free of pain wherever she is now.
 |
| Lives Are So Fragile Sometimes... Live a Full Life We Must - Galaxy Note 9 |
As August comes to an end, I take stock of my misfortune and count my blessings. Here's hoping to a great September ahead.
 |
| I Really Envy You Mr. Leng Kee Cat - Galaxy Note 9 |
~ Photos Taken With Samsung Galaxy Note 9 & Sony RX100 Mk 3 ~
No comments:
Post a Comment