Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Starting September

As I started September, I was full of hope.  I really looked forward to my last day in Klook, it has been a hell of a ride for sure.  Well, all experience bad or good are all learning experience.  I did learn a lot from many people there too and I will bring the knowledge with me to ONE.

My Last Days in Klook, Rainy Day Over ACM - Galaxy Note 9

As my days in Raffles Place numbered down, I made sure to visit Yueh Hai Ching as much as I can.  I was very grateful to the Director of Security and his teammate who had treated me to a farewell lunch.  The HRBP also treated me to a farewell lunch while a very kind video team member bought coffee for me again.  Klook is not all bad, there are some very nice people there.  I was just unlucky I guess...  That plus the conitnued unhealthy pressure, incompetent boss and family unfriendly practices really broke the straw for me.   

More Beautiful Details Inside - Galaxy Note 9

Last Photo of This Amazing Temple - Galaxy Note 9

As I celebrated my birthday this month, we went for dinner at Angus House in Takashimaya.  I was really amused that there were 3 other people who celebrated their birthdays too.  In all we heard the birthday song played 4 times including for me.

On my last day in Klook, I visited my previous reporting manager in Guoco Tower.  It was such a nostalgic visit.  Gosh, how I miss KLPL and Guoco Tower so much...  

Back in Guoco Tower - Galaxy Note 9

I started reading again too, especially after my pre-order of TMNT The Last Ronin finally arrived.  It is such a poignant story that outlined the demise of the beloved turtles and their master.  

The Last Ronin Mikey - Galaxy Note 9

Not This Way Mikey..... - Galaxy Note 9

What made the story even more sad is the fact that the last ronin is Michaelangelo, "the funny one" who now just wants to die after getting his revenge.  The Last Ronin is definitely a must read for all TMNT fans.  I really have to visit Kinokuniya soon, there's another book "Big Feelings" by Liz Fosslien that I really want to get.

I also had a bad episode where my car was hit from behind by a youngster.  I was really pissed off at this turn of events and was momentarily stressed when the accident handling officer advised that how fast my car gets repaired also depends on when the other party makes the accident report.  Fortunately the other party was cooperative and my car was repaired in 2 weeks.  However, the impact damaged my parking sensor, and in a separate incident, I accidentally hit a tree while reversing which resulted in a crack on my rear light.  Although the damages to my rear door and bumper were covered by the insurance, I couldn't get anything on that rear lamp which would set me back by around $500....  That really pissed me off..

My Poor Odyssey - Galaxy Note 9

Before I started in ONE, I took a 2-day break and visited Elixir Boutique Roaster in Serene Centre for a nice brunch.  It was a trip down the memory lane as I used to visit Serene Centre to get my comic books and basketball cards when I was a teenager.  That shop is no longer there although my memories of the things I did back then still remains.

My Breakfast at Elixir - Galaxy Note 9

When my big day finally came, I was so excited to start with ONE.  The moment I stepped in, the atmosphere was unmistakeably familiar.  It felt like NYK, but more modern, agile and aggressive.  The change in pace is very evident as compared to my "K" Line days.  And I'm also very impressed at how open ONE is in embracing new technology and Agile practices.  I'm so glad I didn't get the Hapag-Lloyd and CMA CGM positions for sure.  In any case, I have to prove myself again...  2nd time in less than a year...  It's very tiring really.  I just want this to be my last career move.  And what made the move so amazing is that I get to meet old friends and ex-colleagues.  It was like returning to a familiar place again.  It was as if this is where I should be.

Entering Marina One - Galaxy Note 9

Waiting For The Onboarding Manager - Galaxy Note 9

I also caught up with my ex-teammate in Klook.  I was surprised that all my tasks were just dumped to her and the company didn't bother to find a replacement for my position.  Instead, they are intending to get 3 interns in Malaysia.  I really sympathise with her and I hope she'll find her way somehow.

Aside from those, this has been a financially tight month too.  As I had to return my sign-on bonus and bought 1 month of my notice period with Klook, I had to dig into my savings this month.  It has been really frustrating on the financial front this month. 

To top it off, Lincoln's PSLE starts in 2 days time.  I'm so worried for him.  Last Saturday I brought him over to St. Joseph's Institution to show him how grand the school is.  I really wanted him to go to SJI or ACSI..  Not in this lifetime for sure.  I really have no idea where he'll end up seeing that he only got 22 AL points for his prelims.  It's not that he's stupid, but he just refuses to concentrate when he studies or do the practice papers.  And it doesn't help that he is nonchalant about his grades.  Sometimes I really want to give him a good caning to knock some senses into his head.

Other things that happened this month included visiting Far East Plaza to do some alterations on my shirts that have gotten bigger.  I'm seriously thinking to visit and ask if I could enlarge one of my favourite batik shirts...  just along the chest area.  But I'll do it another time considering how tight this month already is. 

Great Service From MH Alteration in Far East Plaza - Galaxy Note 9

As my mom was in Singapore, I took her for a spin to Little India for some Deepavali lighting sightseeing before she returned to Surabaya.  I have to consider applying a Long Term Visit Pass for her soon.    

I'll Just Stay in The Car This Year - Galaxy Note 9

And I finally had time to go on weekend walks with the missus again too.  

Our Walk to Raffles Place Last Saturday - Galaxy Note 9

This has been a rollercoaster of a month....  Let's see what October brings.  Here's a closing shot for this month's entry: 

I Share The Same Birthday as Doraemon - Galaxy Note 9

~ Photos Taken With Samsung Galaxy Note 9 ~

No comments:

Post a Comment