A nice word for a change. I can't remember when was the last time I used such a positive word to wrap up my month. This has been a crazy busy month at work with some days going as long as 14 hours. But this is also the month when I received my bonus, the most I have ever received in my entire career to date.
![]() |
| One Of Those Crazy 14 Hour Days - Galaxy Note 9 |
Earlier this month Lindsay went to the Fairfield Methodist Church for Palm Sunday as a part of her Girls Brigade programme. Made us wake up early on a Sunday...
![]() |
| Beautiful Tanjong Pagar Always - Galaxy Note 9 |
The gym at home is closed for renovation till the end of the month. I can't wait for it to reopen as I really look forward to exercising again. My fitness level has dropped significantly as I have stopped exercising for almost a full month due to COVID and the flu. My chest felt like it was going to burst after karate class earlier today....
We also started frequenting Marutama in Millenia Walk, but I guess we'll be returning to Tanjong Pagar again soon as we love the ramen as served by chef Billy over at OUE.
![]() |
| Marutama Millenia Walk's Menu - Galaxy Note 9 |
I also contracted flu 1 week after I have fully recovered from COVID. It was very frustrating as it resulted in sleepless nights due to blocked and stuffy nose.
![]() |
| Look Up When You're in Milennia Walk - Galaxy Note 9 |
And on one of the weekends, we stumbled upon a waffle pop-up in Great World City. The waffles look beautiful, but don't really taste as great. That's what you call eye candy I guess.
![]() |
| Pretty Looking Waffles - Galaxy Note 9 |
I also tried fixing my exercise bike, however I found that the crank has spoiled permanently. I ordered a new set of replacement cranks, but found that I don't have the correct spanner size to change the pedal, so now I'm waiting for the spanner which I purchased online to arrive before I can replace it fully. The bike is finally fixed yesterday, just nice before the end of the month and the crank felt awesome after an initial 40 minute test ride.
![]() |
| New Crank, Feels Awesome - Galaxy Note 9 |
April has been an exceptionally hot month too, I bought a dehumidifier thinking it could help on WFH days. But I didn't know that dehumidifers actually make the air warmer, although the body does feel less stickier and the air easier to breathe -> oh yes, when the humidity falls to around 50% I noticed that my breathing got better, although I don't know why yet. I still have to figure out how to best use the dehumidifier.
![]() |
| A Beautiful Sunrise to Start a 35℃ Day - Galaxy Note 9 |
My in-laws also came for a visit and stayed at my home during the Idul Fitri holidays. It's not that I was not welcoming, but entertaining is not something I'm willing to do after a long day's work. After work I just wanted to lie down and do nothing..
![]() |
| Looks Quite Nice at Night - Galaxy Note 9 |
![]() |
| One of Those Days When The Clouds Just Pass By But Won't Rain - Galaxy Note 9 |
Right now, I'm considering whether to buy a new lens to add to my arsenal; I think I can finally afford SEL24F14GM which I have always wanted ever since I switched religion to Sony.
![]() |
| Lindsay Recovering From a Cold - Galaxy Note 9 |
On the last day of April the missus and I visited Joo Chiat while we were waiting for Lindsay to attend her classmate's birthday party at nearby Haig Road.
![]() |
| Famous Nasi Lemak, Unfortunately They Are Closed For Business Today - Galaxy Note 9 |
Katong is definitely a charming area where I see people still indulgin in humanity related activities such as fashion and art, not to mention the unmistakable Peranakan culture and atmosphere.
![]() |
| My Beautiful Wife Checking Out Little Trinkets in a Peranakan Shop - Galaxy Note 9 |
There are quite a number of murals scattered around Joo Chiat Road's shophouses too.
![]() |
| This One's Inside The Public Car Park - Galaxy Note 9 |
![]() |
| This One's On a Shop Towards Giant - Galaxy Note 9 |
And of course..... there's the famous colourful Joo Chiat Road Peranakan shophouses where an obligatory photo will complete the Katong experience.
![]() |
| Yep... She Must Always Have a Photo - Galaxy Note 9 |
So much for April. I hope May will be much better.
Here's a closing shot for this entry:
![]() |
| Lincoln's Art Assignment; Not Bad.. - Galaxy Note 9 |

















No comments:
Post a Comment