So about more than 1 week ago, the missus and I made an impromptu trip to Bali. It was a last minute trip as one of our houses there was finally going to be sold. I'm so relieved that one of those "burdens" is finally gone.
 |
| Some Shophouse Installation in T4 - A7RMk3 + FE20mm F1.8G |
It was also the first time I took a flight since February 2020, and my first visit to Changi Airport T4. T4 is just like any other terminals I guess, but I did feel like the taxiing was slightly longer... perhaps T4 is quite a distance away from the runway.
 |
Some Installation in T4 - Galaxy Note 9
|
 |
| That's Our Plane - A7RMk3 + FE20mm F1.8G |
After the plane took off, I was treated to a sight that I have missed in such a long time - beautiful fluffy clouds spread out under the plane, like little white islands.
 |
| Beautiful Clouds - Galaxy Note 9 |
As it was a late afternoon flight, we were also treated to beautiful sunset views from the plane. It was a wonderful flight, after such a long time.
 |
| Sunset in Sight - Galaxy Note 9 |
When we arrived, we were fetched by the missus' bestie who has been living in Bali since 2020 I think... I can't remember clearly. As it was time for dinner, she took us to Karya Rebo where we had an authentic Nasi Babi Guling, a delicacy I haven't had since 2019, which was the last time I went to Surabaya. Karya Rebo is very good indeed, I have a new favourite Nasi Babi Guling now.
 |
| Nasi Babi Guling Karya Rebo - Galaxy Note 9 |
After dinner we finally checked in at Fairfield by Marriott at Sunset Road. We did some light shopping in the supermarket across the hotel before finally calling it a night.
 |
| Our Room in Fairfield - A7RMk3 + FE20mm F1.8G |
 |
| The View of The Pool From Our Room - A7RMk3 + FE20mm F1.8G |
On the following day, it was straight to business. We visited our house in Nusa Dua, which is now called Bayview Residences. We are also keen to sell that house, unfortunately the house needs major repairs as it has been left empty since mid-2020.
 |
| The Bayview Residences Complex - A7RMk3 + FE20mm F1.8G |
Personally I really like the house in Nusa Dua, if possible I really don't want to sell it off. However, I also have to be practical, in my old age, I will most likely settle in Batam, hence it might not make much sense to have a house in Bali...
After meeting the potential contractor and discussing things, we went to another Nasi Babi Guling restaurant called Warung Babi Guling Sari Dewi Bapak Dobil in the vicinity of Nusa Dua. This rendition is oilier for sure. The chilli too spicy for my liking.
 |
| Our Spread at Pak Dobil - Galaxy Note 9 |
I'm not sure why this place is very highly rated, it's just a so so for me.
From Pak Dobil then the missus went for some watersports wear at World Brand Factory Outlet. It was quite a long boring stop for me as I really wasn't interested in shopping at all...
 |
| So Many Clothes... - Galaxy Note 9 |
Then from World Brand Factory Outlet we went to Krisna Oleh Oleh Bali @Bypass Ngurah Rai. It's like the biggest and fanciest souvenir shop in Bali.
 |
| This Shop is Massive - Galaxy Note 9 |
Again, I was not interested in shopping so I hid in a Tanamera Cafe which is nicely tucked near Krisna's entrance.
 |
| Inside The Tiny Cafe - A7RMk3 + FE20mm F.18G |
 |
| 1st Round - A7RMk3 + FE20mm F.18G |
 |
| 2nd Round: Aceh Gayo V60 - A7RMk3 + FE20mm F.18G |
After the missus was done with her shopping we then went to Kuta Beach to see the sunset.
 |
| The Missus by The Kuta Beach - A7RMk3 + FE20mm F1.8G |
 |
| Kuta Sunset - A7RMk3 + FE20mm F1.8G |
After that, we went to Kuta Beachwalk where we finally spent the evening with some shopping (for watersports wear again...) and took a break at Tukies coconut ice cream.
 |
| Indeed Bali Starts Here - Galaxy Note 9 |
 |
| The Missus Again - A7RMk3 + FE20mm F1.8G |
 |
| And Again - A7RMk3 + FE20mm F1.8G |
From there we then returned to our hotel: Fairfield by Marriott at Sunset Road where we finally ended day 1 of our impromptu trip.
Here's a closing shot for this 1st entry of my Bali trip:
 |
| My Beautiful Missus Glowing Under Denpasar Moon - A7RMk3 + FE20mm F1.8G |
~ Photos Taken With Samsung Galaxy Note 9; Sony A7RMk3 + FE20mm F1.8G ~
No comments:
Post a Comment