July has been an extremely busy month with a good share of bad episodes too. On the work front, I had to work for about 4 hours on 3 Sundays just to catch up with work. Sometimes, I'm really not sure what's going on with work. Is it the norm to be so busy here in ONE? Or just in my department? Or just in my team?
 |
| Another WFH Day - Galaxy Note 20 Ultra |
Structurally, there has been a change within the team too, I have been made to report to a manager. I mean, I know the reason why, which is essentially a formality for the manager, and I don't really mind as long as I get my salary paid in time. But on the other hand I feel like I'm now in the bottom of the food chain within the team, and prospects for promotion is difficult or almost impossible. Not to mention that at my age, I should at least be a manager already... Oh well.... Let's see how things go in a year or two before I decide the next course of action.
 |
| Lunch in Office - Galaxy Note 20 Ultra |
Moving on to "Life".. I finally got my watch winder fixed after a 2nd motor stopped. The 1st motor had stopped for close to 4 years now. It was an extremely troublesome journey to Ubi just to have the winder fixed, even then it was not a good fix since the new motors are rotating slower than the other 10. But at least, all 12 winders are usable now after I placed some lighter watches at those slow motors.
 |
| My 5 Year Old Winder - Galaxy Note 20 Ultra |
After our Bangkok trip last month, the missus suggested to visit an eatery at Telok Ayer street called Thachang which specialises in Thai boat noodles and other homely Thai delicacies as the memories of Bangkok still lingered deeply. The 1st visit to Thachang was spot on; the food was very good.
 |
| Inside Thachang - Galaxy Note 20 Ultra |
 |
| Grilled Pork Cheek With Fluffy Omelette - Galaxy Note 20 Ultra |
 |
| Mango Sticky Rice - Galaxy Note 20 Ultra |
However the 2nd visit left much to be desired, at least on my part. The grilled pork jowl I ordered was basically fatty cuts with very little lean meat, chewing on them nearly made me puke.
 |
My 2nd Visit Dish Which I Really Hated - Galaxy S23+
|
 |
Nice Blue Building - Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
|
The missus also made Lincoln join JKA Singapore's kata competition. He didn't win, which was as expected, but he took it very badly feeling that he was made a laughing stock. Clearly.... He has to attend more of such events to build a more resilient character.
 |
| Practicing Before The Competition - Galaxy Note 20 Ultra |
We also explored food options nearer to home such as Wu Ming Chicken Rice and Desert Desert at Lengkok Bahru during one of our Friday famiily dinner.
 |
| Chicken Rice Dinner After Lindsay's Camp - Galaxy Note 20 Ultra |
 |
| Sweet Treats After Dinner - Galaxy Note 20 Ultra |
Right opposite our house are a bunch of such great affordable eateries. We really should look a bit nearer more often.
 |
| A Nice Thai Inhaler From 2017 - Galaxy S23+ |
On a side note, I finally decided to trade away my Galaxy Note 20 Ultra for the newer Galaxy S23+. The new S23+ felt solid in my hand with good performance and such nice camera. It's a far cry from the feel of the Note 20 Ultra for sure.
 |
| Inside Creamier, One Friday Late Afternoon - Galaxy S23+ |
Samsung has this trade in programme which fortunately still allows me to fetch a pretty good price for that Note 20 Ultra. Unfortunately the lack of micro SD card and 3.5mm jack are major pains which I'm still trying to come to terms with. Right now I'm trying to cultivate a habit of promptly transferring the photos from the phone to my PC. I'm still holding off getting a cloud storage subscription as I think that paying USD30/year is just ludicrous.
I've also picked up my weekend walk frequency now and walked 2 out of 4 weekends in July. I have to admit, having this new S23+ is really a nice upgrade in the camera department as can be seen from these photos below that I took during my walks.
 |
| Looking Up From Market Street - Galaxy S23+ |
 |
| Singapore Surely is a Hot City - Galaxy S23+ |
 |
| A Fine Afternoon in Clarke Quay - Galaxy S23+ |
 |
| In Alexandra Canal - Galaxy S23+ |
And just yesterday I visited Oriental Traditional Therapy in Eng Hoon Street for a 90 minute massage session, which my left lower back and right upper back sorely need (pun intended). I must remember not to have a full dinner before the massage as it almost triggered another panic attack due to the breathing difficulty....
 |
| Taking a Walk Before Massage - Galaxy S23+ |
I've also been having problems with my spectacles and made several visits to the optician just to have it adjusted. It's been tough without the spec at work, my eyes were strained without the blue light filter. Then when I got them back, the new power/degree made me feel nauseous by mid day, even now. I think I need to make at least 1 more visit to get it right.
This has been an eventful July for sure... I wonder what will August bring. Here's a closing shot for this month's entry:
 |
| The Missus by My New - Galaxy S23+ |
~Photos Taken With Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra & Galaxy S23+~
No comments:
Post a Comment