As I'm writing this month's entry, I have just submitted 2 complaints for missing items in my online delivery purchases as well as repacking an item that should be returned due to the wrong order being sent to me. In total, 3 deliveries were bungled over a span of 7 days which leaves me extremely annoyed.
 |
| Morning View From The Office - S23+ |
Earlier this month, I went out with 2 colleagues for mookata in Clarke Quay, just to let off steam and rant about working life - there's a common boss who makes life somewhat difficult for us. It was a very nice "team bonding" event without the usual work hazards, politicking and two-faced colleagues.
 |
| "Team" Bonding Mookata - S23+ |
And also earlier in the month, the missus forced Lincoln to participate in a swimming competition, which his swimming coach helped to register in Pesta Sukan 2023. It was an eye opening experience for all of us, even though it was Lincoln who competed.
 |
| Lincoln's Arena - S23+ |
He didn't fare too badly, came in at 41.46 seconds for the 50 metre free style event. This is despite him only practicing once a week at 45 minutes tops.
 |
| Lincoln's Results - S23+ |
 |
| With His Coach - S23+ |
During the National Day week I took a day off in order to get myself a long weekend, which we used to visit Common Man Coffee Roasters in Anchor Point. The food was awesome and the coffee was not bad, although the missus thought otherwise. I suppose she didn't like what she ordered, although I was very happy with my grilled sandwich as was Lincoln with his burger.
 |
| The Missus' Eggs Benedict & My Flat White at Common Man Coffee Roasters - S23+ |
Sometime in midweek I was referred by my GP to a gastroenterologist for my gastric issues. The gastroenterologist heard the events surrounding my gastric problems and just ordered a blood test and also arranged an endoscopy + colonoscopy. 2 hours after the blood test, I was called by the clinic who alarmed me to my abnormally high blood glucose level, which was 3 times the normal level and insisted that I should be admitted to the hospital. However, I adamantly refused and was instead referred to an endocrinology specialist with a pre-diagnosis of diabetes on the following day.....
 |
| I Surely Can't Enjoy My Coffee This Way Anymore - S23+ |
The visit to the endocrinology specialist pretty much confirmed that I have type 2 diabetes, which is a shock that I'm still trying to process now.. I know my grandfather had it, but I did not expect to get it myself just weeks away from turning 42...
 |
| Trying Out The Finger Prick Blood Test Kit For The First Time - S23+ |
I can't believe how this month heralded a new beginning in my life as a diabetic... I have to do a finger prick blood test on alternate days and report it to the endocrinology specialist (bless her for being so caring and attentive), taking diabetes medications as well as drastically changed my diet to low carb and no added sugar. It has been an extremely trying 2 weeks,adjusting to this new lifestyle.
 |
| Another Indulgence That I Can Only Have Sparingly From Now On - S23+ |
The finger prick blood test was extremely frustrating at first, I spent 1 drum of 6 lancets just to get a drop of blood from my finger, and then another 2 lancets from a new drum just to figure out how much blood is needed on the testing strip. This is something I'd wish on someone who makes life a living hell for me for sure...
 |
| Finally Dropped to Normal in 6 Days - S23+ |
Just yesterday I finished my endoscopy + colonoscopy + CT scan on the 2 specialists' orders. The scope found a 2mm polyp which was promptly removed, other than that my innards look fine. It was a harrowing experience... I had to fast from 8 pm the night before and took 4 litres of bowel clearing solution that resulted in frequent trips to the bathroom and a constantly uncomfortable stomach.
On the day of the procedure I was hungry, thirsty and absolutely irritated. I had to endure 2 hours of scope procedure followed by another 2.5 hours of waiting for the CT Scan. Luckily a sympathetic nurse granted me a cup of milo to satiate my thirst and hunger while waiting for my scan after she learned of my plight. As soon as my scan was completed I went home to just have a proper meal and rest.
 |
| Lincoln's New Friends in His Room - S23+ |
On a more positive note, work brought me to a port tour in Pasir Panjang terminal where I witnessed port operations first hand. It was a nice break from desk work.
 |
| Wonderful View of The Port - S23+ |
 |
| Close View of The Operations - 23+ |
 |
| Escaped to The RHQ After Port Tour - S23+ |
But that doesn't mean work is any easier. This week is a short week, and it so happens to be UAT week... My team mate focuses specially on sprint release so he does nothing but sprint release and enhancements. Me on the other hand... I do a bit of everything, so I cannot commit as much as time as he does for testing. And naturally, I'm annoyed as the expectations put on me is somewhat unfair given the different R&R and workload. The thing I absolutely hate was how he complained to the manager that I'm not doing the sprint UAT, and the manager sent out an email to the whole team including his own boss which put me in a really bad spot, as if I'm slacking around and being uncooperative. It was not as if I said I wouldn't do the task, I have to attend to my main responsibilities too. I'm extremely disappointed at his behaviour and how the manager handled this situation. Unfortunately, I still need this f🔪💀king job so I'll have to put up with this.....
 |
| Just Another Day in The Office - S23+ |
Almost lastly, the missus is strongly thinking of enrolling Lincoln in a swimming club so that he'll be more sporty and less homey. While I'm not strongly against it, I'm not really for it either as I would like him to focus on his studies. But I think the missus has some of her sixth sense in play.. so I'll just go along with her on this.
 |
| On Our Way to The Swimming Club - S23+ |
 |
| There You Go Linc - S23+ |
Finally.... on Thursday I'll be going for a blood test early in the morning under the endocrinology specialist's orders. I've been poked by needles so many times this month, and have been having blood drawn so often too.... I just wish this will end soon.
 |
| A Friday Night Dinner at Ma Maison 100 AM - S23+ |
Here's a closing shot for this month's abysmal entry:
 |
| A Beautiful Cup of Flat White From Common Man Coffee Roasters - S23+ |
~ Photos Taken With Samsung Galaxy S23+ ~
No comments:
Post a Comment